Extension does not recognise a login for a site app.wire.com

Hey guys,

I have an account for wire.com, which offers also browser client. But when I try to login through that (https://app.wire.com/auth/#login) 1password does not offer me the login information.

Tried through Google Chrome Version 60.0.3112.78

I have only the given url (https://app.wire.com/auth/#login) set as a website in my login item in 1password.

Can you please tell me where is the problem?

Kind regards,

Ondrej

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Ondrej,

Thanks for writing in! I'd just like to be sure of what the issue is so please let me describe my understanding of it and then based on that suggest a solution.

It sounds like when you go the Wire.com website and click on the 1Password button in your browser (or use the keyboard shortcut ⌘\), the 1Password mini displays but doesn't show the "Wire" Login item you were expecting even though the website field of the Wire Login item matches the web address you're on.

If that's correct, then the likely reason is that the vault which contains the Wire Login item isn't the active vault selected in 1Password. 1Password will only search for matching Login items within the active vault or if "All Vaults" is selected only the vaults that are included in "All Vaults" list are searched. "All Vaults" by default contains all vaults as the name suggests however it is possible to configure this to exclude specific vaults from "All Vaults". You can configure this if you open the main 1Password app and choose from the menubar 1Password > Preferences and then open the "All Vaults" tab. There is a list of "Vaults included" on that screen.

So the first thing to try is switching to "All Vaults" if you aren't using it already and then see if the Wire Login appears.

You can do this by:

1. Opening the main 1Password app and unlocking it.
    2. Clicking on the menubar: 1Password > "Switch to Vault" > "All Vaults". Or you can use the shortcut ⌘0.
    3. Once you're viewing "All Vaults" do you see your "Wire" item listed there in the main app's list of Logins?

If you don't then I would suggest confirming if you have any vaults excluded from "All Vaults" in your 1Password Preferences.

Hopefully it's simply a matter of the wrong vault being selected or being inadvertently excluded from the list of "All Vaults".

Let me know if that helps and if you've any questions about anything above don't hesitate to send a reply.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member

Hello @matthew_ag ,

Thank you for your message. First of all, I would like to confirm, that your understanding of the issue is correct. But the solution does not work, because I have just 1 vault so no wrong one can be actually selected. Of course that one is selected in "All Vaults" option.

Here I would like to notice, that it works for every single site, that I visited today, only that one does not work.

Now I just tried as well adding https://wire.com (the service main site) to the login websites and it does not show itself there as well.

Here is the screenshot of the item, everything seems normal to me.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ondrejfuhrer,

It might sound silly but can you check something for me please. Edit the Login item and two options will appear, one of which is titled display. The default setting is Always but what you describe makes me wonder if it's showing Never display in browser and that would certainly mess up it working in the browser while still showing it visible in the main window. Do we get lucky and this is the cause?

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

Hey @littlebobbytables ,

You're right! That is the cause! How that got set up that way, that's a mystery. Thank you for pointing it out, I didn't know there is even such option :) Not sure, why there is such option :lol:

Thanks again, one mystery solved :smile:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @ondrejfuhrer,

It's caught a number of people out and we've found many had no idea the option existed so you're far from alone. The option is possibly more a leftover from older versions but maybe some people still find it useful. You can guarantee if we remove it we'll hear from them :lol:

As you say though, that's one mystery solved and it's always a nice feeling to have everything explainable... well except how it happened. The only reason I can think of, which I'm not sure makes sense here, is that if a Login item is originally created without a website field that at least one version of 1Password would set it to not display in the browser. 1Password 6 doesn't do this though so I'm finding it hard to believe this is why.

This discussion has been closed.