I cannot add my IPad to devices for 1Password. I want to strengthen the passwords used on mac

Options
Steven Harness
Steven Harness
Community Member

I want to use 1Password on my ipad but I cannot set it up. I have followed instructions but it does not work

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have given up trying to add 1Password to my IPad.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Steven Harness,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

The instructions you should follow depend on if you have a 1Password membership (subscription) or if you are using 1Password standalone (license). I see you indicated iCloud as the sync type that you're using, and so if that is the case you'd fall into the latter category.

Without a subscription you have to set up syncing manually. Instructions for doing so can be found here:

Sync your 1Password data

If you haven't yet installed 1Password on your iPad you'll need to do that first:

http://1pw.ca/1PAScs

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Steven Harness
    Steven Harness
    Community Member
    Options

I can't get past the initial sign in for the iPad app. I requested license details by email but nothing happens.

• Jacob
    Options

@Steven Harness Sorry about the confusion. Since you're syncing with iCloud, you don't have a 1Password account to sign in to. On the setup screen, tap the option to sync with iCloud then follow the onscreen instructions to set it up. Your license isn't necessary since 1Password for iOS doesn't use licenses.

This discussion has been closed.