1Password Teams desktop not syncing

Options

I've just talked my company into buying 1Password for Teams after using 1Password for years for my personal accounts. Man, has this become a thorn in my side. The 1Password 6 app that everyone has downloaded just doesn't seem to work properly. The syncing, when it does work, is very slow to update. I can update something in the cloud and my colleagues won't see it for ages. I've now got 2 offline changes that won't sync and I have no idea why. Why isn't there a more visual representation of potential issues rather than it just not working?

We're behind a proxy. I've tried with proxy settings in and out of the 1Password app but the syncing just seems to be a nightmare.
Has anyone here got any ideas what I can do to make this thing work as expected?, ie, without sync problems and instant syncing.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited July 2017
    Options

Hi @doone128,

Thanks for writing. I'm so sorry to hear that, we definitely want to fix that for you.

First, I would recommend trying 1Password 6.7 update we've just released, it has an improved sync subsystem after we've worked with a few customers that had some weird network setups. If it doesn't work, please email us your 1Password diagnostics report, so we can better understand what's happening with the sync. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

Why isn't there a more visual representation of potential issues rather than it just not working?]

Because showing potential issues would make things worse as sometime users take steps to address the issues themselves, which is not helpful, especially if we don't know what the issue is.

The offline changes showing on the sidebar is our way of showing something is wrong. However, there is a separate one called Sync Errors. Specific issues can sometime mix Sync Errors as Offline Changes, we're working to improve this as we continue to understand why they occurs.

This discussion has been closed.