New version, 6.6 BETA 1 crashes

Sinister
Sinister
Community Member

New version crashes app as soon as an item is clicked or as soon as one tries to copy a password.

1Password Version: 6.6 BETA1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@Sinister: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Are you seeing any pattern to this? I'm seeing a crash too, but only with certain items. Others open just fine. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support+androidbeta@agilebits.com
    Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: PXR-22434-371

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Sinister: I've merged your duplicate post into the Android beta forum to avoid confusion due to having the same conversation in multiple places. Let's continue via email and we'll take a look at the diagnostics to see what's going on.

• Thanks for reporting this crash to us @Sinister! I'm sorry to hear that you are encountering this issue, but I'm happy to say that I was able to reproduce and fix the first part (crashing when opening a login item). Could you help me with reproducing the crash when copying a password? If you you could provide me with the detailed steps that you follow when encountering the issue, that would help me greatly!

• I can certainly appreciate the desire to have access to your logins! We're reviewing the fix and hope to have an update published later today. I'll be sure to update you as soon as the update is available.

• @Sinister the updated beta version has been published to Google Play. Depending on where you are located, it may take up to an hour or two to become available. It's showing as available already on my devices, so you might want to fire up Google Play to see if it's available for you as well.

• @Sinister I wanted to follow up and say that I'm sorry for the inconvenience this caused you. I rely on 1Password for pretty much everything that I do on digital devices and it would be an absolute pain for me to find myself unable to access my logins.

We do our best to test the changes that we introduce thoroughly, but there will be some bugs that get through. Our beta program is designed to help us catch any bugs that manage to elude our testing. As such, you'll be more likely to encounter bugs in the beta version of 1Password than in the stable version.

With that in mind, you may want to switch from the beta version of 1Password to the stable version. As much as I'd love you to continue as a beta tester, I would hate to see you wind up in a similar situation again, particularly if you're using the beta version on a critical device such as your main phone or tablet. If you'd like to switch back to the stable version of 1Password, you can do so by visiting the link below and clicking "leave the program":

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.agilebits.onepassword

• Hey @Sinister. We've just published a new beta with the fix, so please update and let us know if that does the trick!

• Great! Let us know if you need anything else. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We don't have any plans for iris unlock, but we'll definitely be adding more flexibility to vault management. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.