Auto Fill problems on my Android

Tom_Jawetz
Tom_Jawetz
Community Member

I followed the instructions about setting up the Enabling the Keyboard and Enabling Automatic Filling but the 1password keyboard isn't popping up in my apps. Help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Tom_Jawetz. Thanks for reaching out!

When you tap into a text entry field, are you seeing your usual default keyboard? If so, you'll need to switch to the 1Password keyboard. Can you let me know the make and model of your device so I can walk you through switching keyboards? Thanks!

• janbeuthien
    janbeuthien
    Community Member

I am having the same issue. I have enabled the one password keyboard, but don't know how to get it available to me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@janbeuthien: Unfortunately 1Password doesn't have control over when the keyboard pops up in other apps (or in the OS in general). When you select a text field, Android should open the keyboard, where you can switch (hold on the space bar) between the 1Password keyboard and any others you have installed. Can you tell me where you're seeing this? Is it in a particular app?

• janbeuthien
    janbeuthien
    Community Member

I am using chome on my Samsung tablet. So, not an app, but my browser. How do you switch between keyboards? I haven't installed any others.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

@janbeuthien: Thanks for letting me know. Not sure if Samsung may have disabled this for some reason, but holding the "globe" icon or space bar is a method built into Android to switch between different keyboards. Did you try that?

• janbeuthien
    janbeuthien
    Community Member

I tried holding the space bar and got nothing. When I touch the keyboard icon, I get options for the Samsung keyboard. I also don't see a globe icon. What should I try next?

• Hey @janbeuthien. It sounds like you're accessing a single keyboard's options, rather than the keyboard options for the device. Can you tap into a text entry field so that the 1Password keyboard pops up? When you do that, swipe your finger down from the very top of the screen--the notification bar. Do you see a keyboard option there?

• janbeuthien
    janbeuthien
    Community Member

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! That worked! Yay! Now, on to learn how to do cool things with you app.

• That's good news, @janbeuthien! I'm glad you were able to switch keyboards for filling. From the 1Password keyboard, you can use brenty's trick and long press on the space bar to bring up your other keyboard options.

As a teaser, we're currently working on our filling implementation to take advantage of new features, so you won't always have to rely on the keyboard.

As to all the other cool things you can do with 1Password on Android, I recommend starting here:
    https://support.1password.com/getting-started-android/

Let us know if you need anything else!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I just wanted to let each of you know that we've added preliminary support for Google's new Android O filling APIs in the latest betas. Hopefully it won't be far off that everyone gets it once we're finished testing things. And you're welcome to join the beta as well if you like. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.