New user having issues

HerbM
HerbM
Community Member

Hi there,

I've been a Mac user for decades and I've just starting using 1Password. Three issues I'm currently having:

1. Chase.com - 1Password will not fill the fields
  2. I turned off Rich Icons. Turning it back on, the icons do not reappear.
  3. There doesn't appear to be an Insurance category

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.8
OS Version: 10.2.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• HerbM
    HerbM
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

Regarding #1

I'm comparing 1Password to Dashlane... Dashlane doesn't fill in Chase either, but it does put the Dashlane logo next to the fields; one click and you're in. Does 1Password do something similar? I'm not seeing it...

UPDATE on #2

For Logins: Switching to Top in Item List Layout - all the icons are there in the list. However, they do appear on the individual login page below. Switching back to Left, they do not reappear, nor are they on the individual page.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2017

Hi @HerbM,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'll address each of your questions in the order you asked them:

Chase.com - 1Password will not fill the fields

What is the URL at Chase that you are using to login? I have a Chase credit card login which I access through https://chaseonline.chase.com/ and 1Password for Mac fills the fields just fine.

I turned off Rich Icons. Turning it back on, the icons do not reappear.

There is a bug in 1Password 6.8 with regard to the preference selection for Rich Icons. We will have this fixed up soon in v6.8.1.

There doesn't appear to be an Insurance category

That is correct, there is not. We have a blog post that may be handy, though:

AgileBits Blog | Secure all the things in Secure Notes

but it does put the Dashlane logo next to the fields; one click and you're in. Does 1Password do something similar?

We do have the 1Password extension icon in your browser toolbar, and you can also open the 1Password extension by right clicking on the page and selecting 1Password from the context menu. We do not change the actual design/layout of the page with 1Password though.

For Logins: Switching to Top in Item List Layout - all the icons are there in the list. However, they do appear on the individual login page below. Switching back to Left, they do not reappear, nor are they on the individual page.

This should, hopefully, be fixed up in v6.8.1.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask. Thanks.

Ben

• HerbM
    HerbM
    Community Member

Thanks, Ben!

• On behalf of Ben, you're welcome. :) We're here if you have some other questions!

This discussion has been closed.