How to license my Windows 10 version of 1Password?

Hi,

I'm a long time user of 1Password on Mac and iOS, and now want to use it as well on a recently bought Notebook with Windows 10.
My problem is: I have 1Password 6 on my Mac which works with a .license file, and the 1Password 4 on Windows is asking for a license key to be entered.....
What do I need to do to get the 1Password 4 on Windows licensed....

Thanks for your help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Qique
    Qique
    Community Member

Is there really nobody that can help me please?

• Hi @Qique,

Thanks for writing in. We'd be happy to help.

Did you ever buy a license for 1Password for Windows? 1Password for Mac licenses do not cover Windows, they're sold separately but we did have a bundle license for sale in the past. In that case, we would've sent you a license key in addition to the license file.

Can you check your receipts to see what licenses you bought, it would've include the license key and file along with the receipts.

• Qique
    Qique
    Community Member

OK... That's disappointing....... I was under the impression that my desktop/laptop license would be across platforms...
    I haven't kept a receipt to check.. I just automatically stored the .license file for 1Password6 in 1Password6.... Have deleted all older records (I am not sure with which version I started).
    Can you maybe check my eligibility for a Windows license?

• Hi @Qique,

If you bought a bundled license, yes it would cover both Windows and macOS but it's a separate purchase from the dedicated Mac or Windows licenses and we don't sell it anymore. In addition, we don't offer new licenses anymore for 1Password 4 for Windows since we're working on a new version of 1Password for Windows, which is currently only supporting 1Password.com.

Only the 1Password.com membership includes access to all 1Password apps on all platforms we support at no extra costs.

As for your license, I can only check with your email address in your forum profile and it doesn't include any Windows licenses. You can reach us at support+licenses@agilebits.com to track down any other purchases you may have made.

This discussion has been closed.