1password no longer working on Chrome

1. Shortcut function no longer works.
  2. Clicking on the website link from the client brings up the site but doesn't fill in the login info.
  3. toolbar icon in chrome remains gray. Clicking it doesn't work.
  4. Activity monitor is showing Chrome and a process called OnePasswordNativeMessageHost hitting ~50% . each, causing my fans to run. Quitting the process only results in it coming back. I have to uninstall the Chrome app in order to stop this.
  5. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the chrome app, and quit and restarted the client. Doesn't work.
  6. This is a Chrome problem. Safari is working fine.

In short, since the update the client has entirely stopped talking to Chrome.

Thanks,
Adrian

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the trouble you're having @adrian12345. Are you using the stable Chrome release or some other build? It sounds like 1Password is not able to validate some portion of the connection chain from Chrome to OnePasswordNativeMessageHost to 1Password mini. Most cases we have seen have been with either Chrome having a pending update or with an unrecognized Chrome code signature. Quitting and relaunching Chrome should help the first, so that makes me think we're more likely dealing with the latter. Let me know!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• adrian12345
    adrian12345
    Community Member

It turns out I had a hidden Chrome window open somewhere, so I thought I had quit out and re-opened Chrome, but I hadn't fully done so. It's all good now.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Ah, great! Glad it's working now. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.