No passwords in Safari on unlock

PurdueGuyInWLA
PurdueGuyInWLA
Community Member
edited July 2017 in Mac

I'm running 1Password 6 (Version 6.8 (680015)), and Safari 10.1.1 (12603.2.4), on macOS Sierra (10.12.5).

When I use the keyboard shortcut (⌘-\) to bring up the mini browser. Unlock with my master password, and it shows no entries. Hit ESC, then "⌘-\" and there are my options. I can lock the vault and duplicate it time and time again.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension with no luck.

Anyone else? It's mostly a minor inconvenience, but thought maybe others had seen it. Definitely caused a moment of panic when I thought my vault disappeared.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.7
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• nigelm
    nigelm
    Community Member

I am seeing this too, with a slightly different set of versions (OSX is at 10.12.6 and Safari 10.1.12).

On initial password fill, I get prompted for the master password, and then get this window - suggesting no extension installed.

Dismiss and recall the 1PW window and its all OK again.

• Hi @PurdueGuyInWLA and @nigelm! Sorry about that. To get a better idea of what the issue is, could you each please create a Diagnostics Report from your Macs?

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• PurdueGuyInWLA
    PurdueGuyInWLA
    Community Member

Hi @Jacob , nice name...Jacob here too!
    I sent the diagnostics report (#ZUN-44117-181). Mine presented the exact same dialog as @nigelm.
    Of course, now the problem isn't happening. I did reboot my computer this morning, so I will keep an eye on it.

• Perfect! I just replied to your email and we can keep the conversation going there for now. :)

ref: ZUN-44117-181

• nigelm
    nigelm
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

I've just sent a diagnostics report - [#UJL-76267-335]

Although my laptop had been rebooted a couple of times, and was still showing the issue, overnight it crashed whilst suspended, and this morning (at the point where I generated the diagnostics) it, like @PurdueGuyInWLA 's machine, is now not showing the problem...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nigelm: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: UJL-76267-335

This discussion has been closed.