1PW Helper not found, after docking/undocking laptop - Windows 7 Pro, 64-Bit, Chrome

Whenever I undock or redock my laptop, and try to launch 1PW from the browser icon, the program will never launch.
Occasionally, I've uninstalled & reinstalled the browser plugin, but that doesn't alays fix the issue. I usually have to reboot to make the browser icon be able to launch the program.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: 4.6.6.90
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro, 64-Bit
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited June 2017

Hi @cappy,

Thanks for writing in.

That is unusual, docking shouldn't change anything. The one thing I can think of is if your dock has ethernet port that could change the WebSocket port we use for the 1Password extension.

Can you confirm if you are changing the network interface when you dock or undock? Also, is there anything else that changes when you dock/undock, like a program that changes your network settings when you're docked?

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

Can you confirm if you are changing the network interface when you dock or undock?

It's possible, if ethernet was used before the undock, the laptop would switch to wifi after undocking.
    I haven't done this though, because it's a pain to disbale the wifi port.

Also, is there anything else that changes when you dock/undock, like a program that changes your network settings when you're >>docked?

I don't know

• Hi @cappy,

1Password 4.6.2 has a newer communication stack that does not require the network stack anymore, did you notice if the problem still occurs with that update?

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

It appears to be working better nwo. Today, I undocked and redocked my lasptop, the helper still works.

• That’s great to hear, thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.