Chrome extension doesn't work and block browser

Goran
Goran
Community Member
edited July 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

Win10
Chrome Version 60.0.3112.78 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)
1Password 4 4.6.2.624
Extension 1Password Beta 4.6.9.1

When installed doesnt work at all and also make chrome behave strange - when minimized automaticly restore browser window, like that is permanent autofocus on browser regardless anything.
Tried with beta and normal version, same behaviour.
If extension is disabled Chrome returns to normal.
Tried all from FAQ nothing hellped.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.624
Extension Version: 4.6.9.1
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: dropbox

ref: ZKF-74941-224

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @Goran. Thanks for your post. We haven't heard of any reports like this, so I'm not sure yet what could be going on. I'd like two different bits of information from you.

First, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Second, I'd like you to check for any log messages in Chrome that might indicate a problem. Here's how:

1. Visit chrome://extensions
    2. Enable the developer mode checkbox
    3. Next to 1Password you should now see a _generated_background_page.html link. Click it.
    4. Click the Console tab.

On the console, copy and paste any information you see into a text file such as in Notepad.

Attach the diagnostics report and the logs from Chrome to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/80625/chrome-extension-doesnt-work-and-block-browser
    • Your forum username: Goran

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see this information, we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• Goran
    Goran
    Community Member

Thank you for fast response.

support ID is [#JSB-66617-942]

regards,
    Goran

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Goran: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: ZKF-74941-224

This discussion has been closed.