Dropbox Not Syncing [moved to email]

Options
claudeman1
claudeman1
Community Member
edited July 2017 in Mac

After close to a dozen emails back and forth I am about ready to explode here with frustration. I am trying to sync, using dropbox, between a computer with OS X 10.11 and an older one with 10.9. This older OS X can not be upgraded due to the protools music software that needs to run on it. Does anyone know how to reach a senior support person on the phone, or via a real time chat? Barring that, does anyone have the email addresses for the companies customer support supervisor, or "architect". This is madness to do it all without a human voice to step in on rare occasion. Help!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

ref: WCQ-16265-645, TYL-42377-339

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017
    Options

@claudeman1: Thanks for reaching out again. Though as mentioned previously we do not have a call center, you've been in contact with at least four humans here at AgileBits over the past month or so. Though two never received replies from you, David and myself attempted to answer your questions as best we could given the information you provided.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it. Please tell me the exact OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you receiving some sort of error when you try to setup sync on one or more of your devices? You hadn't asked how to setup Dropbox sync previously, but you will need to configure it for each device:

How to sync 1Password with Dropbox

However, if you've already configured it everywhere (it isn't clear from your comments exactly where you're running into trouble), it may be that you do not have all of them setup to sync with the same vault. This guide will walk you through making sure that things are setup the same everywhere, and help you narrow down any remaining problems:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox

And if you're still not having success, while ultimately we don't have control over Dropbox, often we can point you in the right direction if you'll let us know the problem you're experiencing. Without the specifics though, we can only offer general advice. Even after emailing with you previously, we still don't know which version(s) you're using, so that will be a good first step. Since you mentioned Mavericks, you should be using 1Password 4 there, but knowing the exact version may matter — and certainly we don't want to take anything for granted.

ref: WCQ-16265-645, MCM-69574-815

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I see that Laura is helping you via email already, so I'll close this and you can continue working with her on your issues to avoid confusion.

ref: WCQ-16265-645

• claudeman1
    claudeman1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty, I appreciate you stepping in, but for the moment, please do not close the case regarding syncing. I need another pair of eyes (and insights) into my problem, in addition to Laura's. If possible, please take over the case. While she was quite knowledgable, I've just had too many back and forth communication and things have changed so much. Please step in if you can - Thank you. Here is the information you requested:

I am trying to use dropbox to sync, as I must keep my Macpro 9, running 10.9.5 and can not upgrade because my protools music software will not be ok. It is running 1password 4.4.3. The second Macpro 4, running 10.10.5, has 1password 6.5.2, and my Macbook Air, running 10.11.1 has 1password 6.7. The iPhone is up to date, iOS 10.3.2 and a fresh download of your software. There appears to be conflicting, pre-existing vaults in the dropbox. Some in a folder, some outside a folder. Can we make a fresh start of it - can we delete everything from 1password in the dropbox (keeping the others synced to the iCloud)? I just need to know how to find everything there - is it by going online to dropbox, or by visiting the dropbox thru my home dropbox user folder. I hope this gives you enough information, and that we can get started. Thanks so much to both of you. PS I am sending a copy of this to Laura.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• claudeman1
    claudeman1
    Community Member
    Options

oh, and I forgot to add, that in the dropbox, sometimes there is a folder, sometimes there is not - when I go to connect. and it asks me to merge, and then wipes things out.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@claudeman1: Sorry about that. I wasn't trying to cut you off. We really need to continue this conversation in a single place, if for no other reason than to avoid duplication of effort and confusion on both sides, which will mean a longer wait for you, or potentially incomplete responses from us as we're trying to keep things in sync across multiple discussions. We'll get back to you via email shortly. I'm able to follow along there as well.

ref: WCQ-16265-645

This discussion has been closed.