To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have a perpetual license but my account got frozen requesting me to subscribe. Why?

juergenfroessl
juergenfroessl
Community Member

I have a perpetual license but my account got frozen requesting me to subscribe. Why?

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have a perpetual license but my account go frozen requesting me to subscribe. Why?

Comments

• anzilone
    anzilone
    Community Member

1Password for Family is not a perpetual license but a subscription service, so you have to pay annually. Please sign out and sign in to your account again. I think it's better to email 1Password to get fast response.

• juergenfroessl
    juergenfroessl
    Community Member

thanks for your reply. Are you agilbits customer support?

I have had a family account for a long time (2014 at least) and have not had a subscription. How would this be possible?

• Jacob
    edited July 2017

Hi @anzilone! I'm sorry for the confusion. Your account needs a subscription to stay active. A subscription account includes all the 1Password apps so you can get your passwords from your computer, phone, tablet, and more. The 1Password license you purchased doesn't include an account. This trial is one you signed up for recently.

Learn more about what's included with a subscription account.

The best way to use 1Password is with a subscription. You’ll always have the latest version of the the app and your devices will sync automatically — no more thinking about Dropbox or iCloud when setting up a new device. If you made a purchase of 1Password in the past year, I’d be happy to look into some credit toward a subscription for you. :) Send us your purchase details at support@1password.com and post back here when you have.

Alternatively, you can keep using 1Password without the account. You don’t have to subscribe if you like what you’re already using.

This discussion has been closed.