To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

As I am about to change ISPs, what actions, if any, are required to continue seamlessly on 1Password

PatrickHenry
PatrickHenry
Community Member

I am preparing to change ISP connection from Comcast to Metronet. What action(s) are required to continue seamless use of 1Password. I would appreciate any suggested actions to be as complete as possible.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Changing ISPs. What is involved to continue seamlessly with 1Password?

Comments

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

The only issue I would see if you have the subscription, make sure the email address for you subscription isn't @comcast.com

Others can put in info too.

• Hi @PatrickHenry - Prime makes a good point. If you're currently using a comcast.com email address for the account, you can update it via "My Profile" before making the switch. I really can't think of anything else that cause an issue. Keep us posted if you have any additional questions. :+1:

• PatrickHenry
    PatrickHenry
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

Thanks for the response. Please confirm if I have a problem or need to change things. Under Agile Bits in the 1Password, the version is listed as 6.8 and the user name and password have no reference to Comcast. In 1Password6 Software License, the version is listed as 6.6.3. The Customer is correctly listed as Patrick Henry but the registered email is listed as [removed by AgileBits]. 1Password seems to function as intended but I am concerned about the need to change the password prior to changing ISP away from Comcast. Help, please , with finding and entering into "My Profile." Also, should I change the version number? Usual swift response will be greatly appreciated as the ISP change is very soon. Thanks in advance.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@PatrickHenry: If you purchased a license for the standalone app, your data isn't tied to your email address in any way, only a record in our system. As prime mentioned, the only way it would matter is if you were using a 1Password.com membership, as that does use an email address as part of the login credentials. But if you've been using an email account not tied to your ISP, then changing providers won't affect your usage of 1Password in either case. Cheers! :)

• PatrickHenry
    PatrickHenry
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

[private information removed by AgileBits staff]

Brent - Still a bit confused as I am still not sure of which membership does what and which I have. I am attempting to attach screen shots of Software License, version 6.6.3 and Agilebits, version 6.8. Please confirm I am good to go with the ISP change and I promise I will stop bothering you.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

How did you buy your 1Password? Do you have a 1Password.com account?

• PatrickHenry
    PatrickHenry
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

[images, some with potentially personal information, removed by AgileBits]

I believe I bought iPassword from 1Password, not through the iTunes or App Store routine. Is it possible to determine from the enclosed screenshots that I will not have a problem retaining all iPassword info and capability? Thanks again.

• PatrickHenry
    PatrickHenry
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

[image with potentially personal information removed by AgileBits]

The blacked-out area was a comcast "registered email."

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

Hi @PatrickHenry,

I've changed your email address in our license back office from your Comcast address to the same Gmail address you're using here on the forum (and also resent your license information there), so there's no reason to anticipate you'll have any trouble with 1Password after you've made the ISP switch.

Of course if you do encounter any issues with 1Password in the future, please contact us again and we'll be happy to help get it sorted out. Cheers! :)

• PatrickHenry
    PatrickHenry
    Community Member

OK, I think. What I need is assurance that I will have access the same as I have now (using the above-mentioned Gmail address) after the ISP change. I think I was meant to apply the 1Password License and, thus, I did. I received a response saying "You are Licensed." Does that all sound OK? I have been successful logging in to sites using the Gmail address. If all this looks OK, please accept my deep appreciation.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PatrickHenry,

How you're currently using 1Password with a license, without a 1Password account/membership, is uninfluenced by your ISP change. If you'd tried to have your license resent to your Comcast email address after it was no longer valid, that would have failed. Now it'll be resent to your Gmail email address after the change I've made.

If something does unexpectedly go awry with 1Password after your ISP change, we'll be here to get it resolved for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.