To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

New Family Account -- Partially Duplicated Information

alex_cohen
alex_cohen
Community Member

I just created a family account. However, it seems to have only partially duplicated the information in my existing vault. For example, I have 100 items in my primary vault, but when I visit my personal vault I only see 50 items. And when I visit All Vaults, I see 150 items. How do I eliminate duplicates and ensure that the vaults are in sync?

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Brian
    Brian
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

Hi there, @alex_cohen !

Thanks for reaching out! :)

Hmm... it sounds like some of your items didn't get copied over to your 1Password.com account. To fix this, I’d like to ask you to follow the below instructions to delete the current data in your account so we can properly copy all of your items over. This way, there won’t be any duplicates in the account.

1. Create a backup of your standalone data, just in case something goes awry: https://support.1password.com/backups/#you-can-also-create-and-restore-backups-of-local-vaults
    2. Select your “Personal” vault using the vault switcher in the 1Password app.
    3. Select all of the items in the Personal vault and delete them.
    4. Switch to your “Primary” vault using the app switcher in the 1Password app.
    5. Select all of the items in the “Primary” vault and copy them over to your “Personal” vault: https://support.1password.com/move-share-items/
    6. Switch back to your “Personal” vault and verify that all of your items got copied over.
    7. Go to 1Password’s preferences within the 1Password app and click on the “Advanced” tab.
    8. Uncheck the box labeled “Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password.com accounts” and confirm any additional on-screen prompts.

I hope this helps, but please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions! Have a great rest of your day, @alex_cohen ! :)

• alex_cohen
    alex_cohen
    Community Member

Thank you for your response! Unfortunately, "delete" does not appear as an option on the app when I select all -- instead, I am limited to "move" or "copy" (re your step 3). Is there any way to accomplish this?

• alex_cohen
    alex_cohen
    Community Member

Ah ha, this worked! Thank you again. Now, how do I manage future additions of data. Do I need to add them to my "primary" vault and then copy them each time? Or is there a setting to make new additions only to the "personal" vault?

• Brian
    Brian
    1Password Alumni

Sorry about that, @alex_cohen !

To delete items, please select them first and then head over to the "Item" menu at the top your screen. From here there should be an option labeled "Move to Trash."

• Brian
    Brian
    1Password Alumni

I'm thrilled to hear that, @alex_cohen ! Because you removed your Primary vault from the 1Password app, the default vault for saving at this point should be your Personal vault. To verify this, please do the following:

1. Go to 1Password Preferences
    2. Click on the "All Vaults" tab.
    3. Choose the default vault that you want your items to be saved to next to "Vault for Saving."

Because you will primarily be using your 1Password.com account, I would highly recommend setting this option to your Personal vault, if it is not already set to that.

• alex_cohen
    alex_cohen
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

Once again, thank you for your prompt and helpful responses

• Brian
    Brian
    1Password Alumni

Anytime, @alex_cohen ! Feel free to ask if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.