Wife's 1password won't unlock

klevermonicker
klevermonicker
Community Member

My wife managed to forget her master password and I've done the recovery process with her twice now. Problem is the vault never unlocks with the new password she sets. It does that little 1/4turn thing and goes red and won't let her in. I've tried with my password (which would freak me out if it worked) and her password.

I've tied installing both with and without admin privileges and the software we downloaded from agile bits. What can I do to get the app working for her?

1Password Version: 6.7.451
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@klevermonicker: Ah, interesting. It sounds like she may have setup a local vault in 1Password then, and that vault's Master Password will be required in that case since it isn't associated with her 1Password.com account. Just to confirm, is she able to sign in to 1Password.com in her browser (she would have to to be able to complete the recovery process) and access all of her data there? Reinstalling the app won't help in that case, but we can have her start over fresh with the app once we've established that all of her data is safely in her account. Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.