Where in the time machine do I find the 1password 3 data file? I have a Mac

My HD was erased today by the Apple store, I had no concerns, because I make frequent time machine backups. I downloaded again the 1Password 3 for Mac, but no I cannot find the 1Password data on the time machine. Where are these data files kept?

1Password Version: 1Password 3 for Mac
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.6 Sierra
Sync Type: Time machine
Referrer: forum-search:Where in the time machine do I find the 1password 3 data? I have a Mac; my HD had to be erased

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@PeterRobert: I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately we won't be able to help you recover your data, as we never have access to it. If you don't have it stored anywhere else, you will need to start over. There just isn't any way around that. But if you'll let me know what you have to work with, I'll be happy to help walk you through things.

Did you backup your 1Password data at some point?

Did you copy it to other devices, or sync it somewhere?

It sounds like you may have it backed up in Time Machine, but that would depend on what you'd had it set to backup in the first place. With 1Password 3, your data would be stored in one of the following locations:

~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper (Mac App Store)

~/Library/Application Support/1Password (AgileBits Store)

You may find it easiest to navigate to the location in Finder first (Go > Go to folder) and then enter the Time Machine backup from there. But unfortunately it isn't guaranteed that it will have been included in the backup.

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there.

This discussion has been closed.