To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

[Feature Request] Blur(by Abine) Conversion Tool

thealmightyender
thealmightyender
Community Member

Hello forum folks, I've been using Abine's Blur for quite a few years now, but I would like to move to 1password now. The problem is, no password manager I tried seems to support blur's weird csv format well. I emailed the support team that suggested me to come ask for help here, so I was hoping someone could give me some help on converting, or possibly a tool for the job? Converting all entries by hand would be impossible as I have nearly 1000 entries.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @thealmightyender

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm not familiar with Blur, specifically, but we do support importing from CSV. We have a guide on massaging CSV data into what 1Password can import here:

How to create a 1Password compatible CSV file - 1Password Support

Does that help? Please let us know. :)

Ben

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@thealmightyender ,

You can you help me understand what you mean by "weird csv format". I might be able to help you here, unless weird means ambiguous !

• Frank
    edited July 2017

Thank you @MrC for the assistance :+1: Very much appreciated :smile:

• thealmightyender
    thealmightyender
    Community Member

@MrC,
    By "weird" csv format, I mean that it isn't supported by any password manager. There'a even a guide to export from Blur to LastPass on Abine's website, but I believe it's outdated and doesn't work.

@Ben - Sorry for not replying earlier, I completely forgot to do so :/

It's very difficult do convert the csv to a proper, compatible format, as there are just too many entries to do it by hand. I tried doing it with np++ but didn't work quite well ~

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@thealmightyender ,

I'm trying to understand the nature of the CSV file produced by Blur. These are the questions I need to know to help you convert:

1. Does it contain header/column names?
    2. Does it have the same number of columns for each record, or do they differ based on the record's category?
    3. Are the records for a given category grouped together, or spread throughout the CSV file?
    4. If the cells in a given column have different meaning per category, are they consistently located in the same column for that single category?
    5. Are there category names (e.g. record types) in each row to indicate what type of record a row is?
    6. What language encoding is the file (e.g. UTF-8, UTF-16, ASCII text)?
    7. What is the file format of the CSV (e.g. what line endings are used: e.g. NL, CR-NL)?

Don't use a text editor like NotePad++ to edit your raw exported data. You should use a spreadsheet program if you're going to edit the file at all.

Please reply to as many of the questions above as you can, and I can probably help you convert the data using the csv converter which is part of the converter suite suite. But I can't help unless I know what I'm dealing with data-wise.

• Thank you so much @MrC for the assisting @thealmightyender, very much appreciated :smile:

This discussion has been closed.