When I am searching in the iOS version using slide over, the search terminates if the letter I is in

Options
mgl007
mgl007
Community Member

When I am searching in the iOS version using slide over, the search terminates if the letter I is in The search

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Letter I

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017
    Options

@mgl007: Can you be more specific, and let us know what iOS and 1Password versions you're using? We have an open issue with Apple about another issue with the i key in the onscreen keyboard causing some trouble, but this sounds sightly different. Any details would be appreciated!

• mgl007
    mgl007
    Community Member
    Options

I am using v 6.8 of 1pw on a iPad Pro running iOS 10.3.3
    When I am running safari and need a password I "slide over" to open the 1 pw app. I will type in the search box the name of the pw I'm looking for, if the name contains the letter " i" the search terminates. I then need to misspell the word I'm looking for, then edit the word to include the correct spelling. Like this: looking for "agilebits". As soon as I type a g i, the search terminates. If I want to continue looking , I'll type "aglebts", then move the cursor over to enter the two missing letter i's. then the search will find what I'm looking for.

Does that help?

• Hi @mgl007,

We believe this is an issue with iOS, as apps are not able to control hiding and showing of the keyboard. The reason we think this is happening is because the i key is directly above the split between the two apps, and iOS thinks you are trying to adjust the split so it dismisses the keyboard. If you split the iOS keyboard into two, you should be able to type an i.

We're not sure why it starts working after moving the cursor back and correcting it, but we continue to look into this issue to see if there is anything we can do about it.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.