How do I edit a logon to add a check in "I am Not a Robot"? [Not possible]

jdarnell140
jdarnell140
Community Member
edited July 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Best by deleting the logon and starting over? The site recently add the robot thing. I see other sites have, too.
I have edited my pages mostly by trial and error but still find it confusing.
Do like 1pw; bet I have over 200 entries.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.624
Extension Version: 4.6.8
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do I edit an existing login?

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @jdarnell140,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password!

Please try to disable auto-submit for that login and check if CAPTCHA ("I am not a robot" thing) remains. Edit the login item, and change the "submit" option to "never submit".

However, if you want 1Password to actually click to handle the CAPTCHA programmatically, this will not work. After all, that's exactly what the CAPTCHA is designed to prevent. Also, 1Password isn't able to click anything since it wouldn't know where anyway.

Please let me know if it answers your question. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• jdarnell140
    jdarnell140
    Community Member

Yes, neglected to switch to 'never'. i do see the point of captcha, just didn't know to deal with it and was certain you did.

• Hey @jdarnell140! It would certainly be nifty if 1Password could handle CAPTCHAs as I often muck them up myself. Alas, as their entire purpose is to prevent folks from using programs to log in or create accounts, I suppose I should be glad we haven't broken them yet lest CAPTCHA designers turn around and make them even more of a pain. :wink:

I'm glad Greg was able to help you get your login item working a bit better with them, but do let us know if we can do anything else to help. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.