To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Master Password doesn't work...

Options
GLM1
GLM1
Community Member

Hi I emailed support this morning and still waiting to hear back. My Master Password does not work. I am in the 2nd week of the 1 month free trial so I do not have a secret key that comes with the membership. I want to be sure if my only option now is to delete my account that if I decide to sign back up I won't be charged twice. Please advise ASAP. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• cmwells41
    cmwells41
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Last time I sent an email to support it wasn't answered for a month, thenI came here. Now I have the same problem, here is my email from today:

[removed by AgileBits for privacy on our public forum]

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @GLM1! It looks like Marvin replied to you yesterday, and I'll get back to you on your most recent message as well :)

ref: IYV-16984-714

@cmwells41 Sorry about that. I just responded to your email and hopefully that'll get things going.

ref: JYK-39922-777

• debramia
    debramia
    Community Member
    Options

My master password is not working either. I recently upgraded from a very old version of the app and do not recall setting up a new master password. I tried my old master password and it does not work. I also tried other password possibilities, but none of them work. Please help!

• Frank
    Options

Hi debramia - Thank you for reaching out to us and sorry for the login troubles. I just sent you over an email so we can work on this together. I rather not discuss anything private here, so at your earliest convenience, reply back to me so we can continue our conversation. I look forward to hearing from you soon :smile:

ref: IFJ-98384-617

• chaleiii
    chaleiii
    Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

I just created the 1Password account after using the app for years. Now I cannot log into the account or my mac with my master password, but can access it on my phone and iPad. How do I get into my account when master password is not recognized (despite it being the correct one)

ref: DNN-94393-688

• Frank
    Options

Hi chaleiii - I'll do be happy to help out. I just replied back to the email you sent over to us. When you get a chance, reply back to me over there so we can continue the discussion and work on this together. Talk to you soon.

ref: DNN-94393-688

• thacypha
    thacypha
    Community Member
    Options

i can not sign into my account for some reason your login site keeps changing my master password to capitals

• thacypha
    thacypha
    Community Member
    Options

I can not login to my account your site for some reason your site keeps changing my master password to capitals. can you help?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@thacypha: When signing in to 1Password.com you won't be able to see the Master Password as you enter it. It sounds like you're typing your Master Password into the Secret Key field. Are you sure you have a 1Password.com account? You won't have one to sign in to unless you signed up for a 1Password membership in the last year or so, as they did not exist prior to that.

• thacypha
    thacypha
    Community Member
    Options

sorry it was my secret key that is failing because your site keeps changing it too capitals!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017
    Options

@thacypha: The Secret Key is always capital letters and numbers exclusively. The Master Password, however, is case-sensitive. They are not interchangeable.

• thacypha
    thacypha
    Community Member
    Options

i can not sign in, can you help or not?!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@thacypha: No, we cannot help you sign in. We don't have any of your account credentials and also cannot recover or reset them for you. That wouldn't be very secure at all. Do you have your Emergency Kit, or have another authorized device you can use to help you sign in? Otherwise it will not be possible to login to your 1Password.com account. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password/#recover-your-master-password

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Account Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

But again, we cannot grant you access. There is no "back door" to access your data without entering the correct account credentials. If there were, that would be a security hole that could be exploited to gain access to your secure information, even if we were the only ones who could exploit it. This way, no one, not even someone at AgileBits, can read your secure data.

• thacypha
    thacypha
    Community Member
    Options

i have login before with these details but for some reason it is not letting me log in. my secret pass word did not arrive with all capitals that is why i though that was the problem.

• Ben
    Options

@thacypha,

Does what you're trying to enter for the Secret Key start with A3-? If not then it is not your Secret Key. You didn't answer this question:

Could you please do so?

Ben

• thacypha
    thacypha
    Community Member
    Options

yes it starts with those nubers

• thacypha
    thacypha
    Community Member
    Options

i use to have a phone but that is broken. no other device

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@thacypha: You won't be able to sign in unless you go to https://my.1password.com/signin (if you have an individual 1Password.com account, otherwise https://start.1password.com/signin) and do the following:

Let me know if that helps. If you're still having trouble, be sure to let us know the error you're receiving, and the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using.

This discussion has been closed.