Update to 6.8 breaks 1pass mini in all browsers

RamboAroundTheWorld
RamboAroundTheWorld
Community Member

I've been hunting the forum for an hour now trying to find a fix to this problem. Ever since I updated I CANNOT get 1pass mini or the browser extensions to stop spazzing out or crashing completely. The current permanent state of all my browser extensions (firefox, chrome, and safari for testing) is to show every password I've attempted to create, ever. Yesterday, it was every one of my favorites, permanently displayed next to my current password. The day before it was a random assortment of logins. I continually quit 1pass mini and restart it when this happens but the normal state never seems to last for more than an hour. On top of all this, 1pass main is constantly reporting crashes and asking me to send in reports. Something is awry here.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.8.1
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Hi @RamboAroundTheWorld

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with the browser extensions. Could you please try installing the latest version of each from this page?

1Password Browser Extensions

Please let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• RamboAroundTheWorld
    RamboAroundTheWorld
    Community Member

no dice ben. i uninstalled and reinstalled all 1pass related items, and switched from beta to standard releases. yesterday was working fine. today its showing a list of secure notes in the left of the browser window, completely disconnected from where the 1pass individual login box would pop up.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RamboAroundTheWorld: Have you tried restarting your browsers, or your Mac? It may be that something from the previous version is still hanging around. That sounds similar to an issue we're tracking. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#NCH-36996-729]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: NCH-36996-729

This discussion has been closed.