Date Last Used Updates Incorrectly

luv314159
luv314159
Community Member

This seems like a pretty minor issue, but when I go to View->Item List Layout->Left and select Date Last Used, the date appears to be when I last selected on the entry in 1Password, not the date I actually logged into that site last. I came upon this after editing a bunch of items, happened to switch to this view mode, and was surprised to see a lot of sites coming up recently used that I hadn't actually visited in a long time. I doubt this is the intended behavior.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.6
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @luv314159! Thanks for asking about this. I'd love to take a closer look at things. When you have things sorted by Date Last Used and select an item that was used a while ago, does it pop to the top of the list, or do you have to refresh things for it to do that? Also, are your passwords concealed by default or shown? And are you doing anything other than selecting the items, perhaps editing them?

• luv314159
    luv314159
    Community Member
    • It doesn't refresh instantly. It seems like I have to switch back to View->Item List Layout->Top and then back again.

• I can also select things in the Item List Layout->Top view and they will appear as recently used when I switch back to the other view.

• It happens even if I don't edit it or double click to launch the site. Just selecting on it is needed.

• My passwords are set to always show, and it DOES seem to make a difference if they are set to conceal. I changed it to conceal and then couldn't replicate. So that was a good question. Perhaps revealing the password is getting counted as a "use"? Wonder if it is also affecting the Frequently Used sort and I just haven't been able to notice.

• Hi @luv314159,

This is actually a recent change in how the app works. Do you have "Conceal Passwords" in Preferences > Security? It sounds like you might not.

The definition of "used" changed recently. It went from only sign-ins to "any action that would reveal the password". We have some features planned for future releases that will make use of this change of definition.

You're right that it would also affect Frequently Used.

Rick

• luv314159
    luv314159
    Community Member

Yes, "conceal passwords" makes all the difference. When it's turned on, a site doesn't get "used" by selecting on it. It makes more sense technically now, though I still don't think it's intuitive. I'll stand by if you're going to rework it in future releases.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@luv314159: Sorry for the confusion that caused, but I'm glad that helped. The main issue we need to make changes to how this is handed is that more and more people are sharing vaults with others. So, with that in mind, it's important that 1Password can give us a sense of whether or not sensitive information has been accessed. Thanks for your feedback on this!

This discussion has been closed.