To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Different Master Password on Mac compared to iPhone and iPad

BecMag
BecMag
Community Member

I just signed up yesterday and have two things to clear up before I get started. Easy to add to my iPad, but when I tried my Mac, it asked for a key, which I didn't get at first, then it asked to set up a new Master password. I now have two passwords and they aren't synching - even though they have the same email.

On top of that, when I tried to first sign on with my Mac, I was asked to pay another ~$69 (sorry, late last night and I'm not sure of the exact amount).

Anyway - I'm pretty confused, but want to give this a go before I give up. I'm sorry I didn't do the videos first, but I didn't think it would be that difficult.

Thank you,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I somehow have a different Master Password on my Mac and my iphone/iPad. How can I fix?

Comments

• BecMag
    BecMag
    Community Member

BTW - I didn't include the password, extension, OS version, Sync type because I'm not really sure. My IT friends rave about your product, and I'm fairly savvy, but this has not been intuitive.

• Hi @BecMag - Sorry for the confusion and thank you for reaching out to us over here. We provide you with a Secret Key during the setup process and it's also listed on your Emergency Kit. You might be able to recover it from your iPad using this guide. If you're able to recover your Secret Key, then you should be able to sign into your account via the 1Password app on your Mac. Since you signed up for a 1Password membership, you don't have to pay for anything extra. All the apps including web access is included with your subscription. Again my apologies for the confusion and let me know if you were able to recover your Secret Key. I'll be here to assist you with any questions along the way, keep me posted :+1:

• BecMag
    BecMag
    Community Member

Hi Frank, I've decided this will not work for me. I went to the Apple store and cancelled my free trial.

• I'm sorry to hear that @BecMag. If you'd ever like to give it another shot in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Even if you ultimately decide 1Password is not the solution for you I hope you won't get up on password management altogether. It is so important in the world we live in today. Having secure unique passwords for each service is critical.

If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.