1Password mini sometime resizes itself to full height (Windows' snapping behavior)

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited July 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Does 1Password for Windows v6.6 share the same issue with 1Password Extension v4.6.8.1? I tried resizing the window and it went to take up half my browser window and won't resize back to original or any other size.

1Password Version: 1Password v6.5.401
Extension Version: v4.6.8.1
OS Version: Windows 7 SP1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

The problem appears to have corrected itself. The Window now when I close it snaps to the right edge by moving the window to the side and not simply filling up the space from the "torn off position". Which is what I suspect what happened.

• MikeT
    edited July 2017

Hi @wkleem,

Thanks for reporting this.

This is the window snapping behavior (if you move close to any edge, it would resize it for you) that's built into Windows, not something we add to 1Password.

There is not a clear guideline of how we, as a developer, can manage this better for our customers, because we did look into it. We had a separate issue on Windows 8 and 10 where the tablet mode would resize 1Password mini to full screen and you couldn't exit. We've addressed it by keeping it the same size by force if the user goes into the tablet mode. I know you're on Windows 7 and this wouldn't help but we definitely understand why it is not a desired behavior.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

We had a separate issue on Windows 8 and 10 where the tablet mode would resize 1Password mini to full screen and you couldn't exit. We've addressed it by keeping it the same size by force if the user goes into the tablet mode. I know you're on Windows 7 and this wouldn't help but we definitely understand why it is not a desired behavior.

Maximising the screen did happen to me and I had problems exiting. I stay clear of the TOP edge whenever possible.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Totally. I have to see if there's a way to turn that off in Windows. I do that by accident all the time and it drives me nuts. :tongue:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

There appears at least for me a tedious solution. Click on 1Password icon and close the 1Password Mini Window. This worked for me the few times I tried it. When a login is filled, the maximised screen goes back to normal.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Honestly sometimes I wonder if it should be resizable at all...but there are a lot of different form factors on Windows, especially with tablets. Glad to hear that workaround helps at least. It's something we'll have to consider.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

Hi there

After updating to 1Password v6.7.454, by attempting to move the window to the top edge, the window now attempts to expand but falls back to its original size. At the same time, Chrome has been updated to v60.0.3112.78 as well.

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's great! Thanks for letting us know updating helped! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.