Extension moved or deleted error message

Options

Hi

I have encountered the error message below when using 1Password 6 for Windows and Chrome 59.0.3071.115. It has happened several times, the most recent was when I visited Paper by 53 website.

fiftythree.com/

1Password Version: 1Password v6.5.401
Extension Version: 4.6.8.1 (Chrome)
OS Version: Windows 7 SP1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @wkleem,

Thanks for writing in and sorry about the trouble. This kind of issue was known to occur if the website address specified in the website field of a Login item didn't include the https:// part of the address. In the latest version of 1Password for Windows, version 6.6.439, this won't matter and 1Password will work without it. Updating 1Password should get you around this issue.

It might also be worth updating the website field of your Login item to be the following as it might work better with the Go & Fill feature of 1Password:

https://paper.fiftythree.com/login

Let me know if that helps!

Best regards,
    Matthew

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

@matthew_ag,

Thanks. 1Password v6.6 removed Dropbox local vault support which is a reason to not update to the latest version. I still have an old Lumia phone running 1Password Alpha synced to Dropbox. Wiping the phone would mean that 1Password is gone as the apps have been cleared from Windows App Store. I haven't gotten a replacement for the Lumia phone yet.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood, but local vaults are read-only in 1Password 6 and not supported except for importing. And 1Password Alpha is incredibly old, was discontinued long ago, and has even more serious limitations. It's your prerogative if you want to continue running an outdated version in an unsupported fashion, but keep in mind that if you do you won't have the benefit of any new features and fixes we've added since then.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Hi

I have updated to 1Password v6.7 for Windows. I still see my local vault in there but removing it won't allow me to add the local vault back, like in 1Password v.6.6?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Correct, if you remove the legacy vault the only way to read it currently is through the import menu.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

I still have an old Lumia phone running 1Password Alpha synced to Dropbox. Wiping the phone would mean that 1Password is gone as the apps have been cleared from Windows App Store. I haven't gotten a replacement for the Lumia phone yet.

That old Lumia without 1Password is just a chore to use. May look closely at a Sony Android device, also now that Nokia is back making phones.... I dislike Android's 2 year security model however.

That 1Password Alpha is broken.

I will try Teams on the Lumia but because of its age it may not work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Definitely worth a try. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty,

IE is an unsupported browser and there aren't any versions of Firefox, Chrome and Opera for my phone, a Lumia 920 with OS v8.1. Even with my phone, the OS itself is up to date but Microsoft saw fit to release later Windows Phone 8.1 versions for other phones but not my phone. Too late now anyway.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yeah I hear you. Windows Phone OS was really nice, but poorly timed and Microsoft isn't doing much with the platform these days. :(

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I hear that support for Windows Mobile is dismal these days. Microsoft outsourced Lumia support to a company named B2X which Malwarebytes blocks for being insecure when I visited the site. Complaints about B2X everywhere.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Given they aren't producing new devices or updating old ones I can't imagine that will last long either.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Says nothing about the rumoured Surface Phone. At this point with Android and iOS having 99.x% of the phone market share, I just cannot see any future in Microsoft wanting to have their own phone line.

You may lock this one. Problem solved with v6.6+ and hurray for local Vaults.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Haha fair enough. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.