Problem with family member completing signup due to password mixup

Bobalaska
Bobalaska
Community Member

I am a recent subscriber to family plan, and so far so good with signing up myself and my wife. A problem arose when my daughter tried to sign up. She got the invitation responded, got a secret key etc. She selected a master password.

However, then when trying to complete the signup process she seems to have inputted the master password incorrectly. After trying again, and even going back to prior step (in which secret key appears) and seeing if she could restart the process, it failed, and she got a message to "contact us." Please advise.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Bobalaska
    Bobalaska
    Community Member

FYI my daughter re-started process again- after deleting app and restoring iPad as suggested on these pages- by accepting invitation again, getting new secret key, inputting master password, and then on "almost complete" final window, carefully entering master password and getting same error message as before.

• Hi @Bobalaska

I see you've already got an email conversation started with us. I think it will be best if we continue the conversation there. I've added your comments to your email ticket so that we can respond appropriately. We'll be in touch soon.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: ICU-73982-736

• Bobalaska
    Bobalaska
    Community Member

Hi @Ben

I'm not exactly sure about an email conversation started with you on this subject. My daughter did send something, and did receive an automated response with a ticket number. Perhaps that is what you are referring to. If ticket number needed, please advise.

• Bob,

I was referring to your conversation with Trace. If your daughter has already been corresponding with us about this issue then yes, I would appreciate the support ID.

Ben

• Bobalaska
    Bobalaska
    Community Member

@Ben My email conversation with Trace (which was very helpful to me) was on a series of unrelated questions.
    Daughter's support ID was RBN-65849-294.

However, I was able to solve the issue by re-sending the invitation to her. She responded, filled in info as requested, and voila! Very easy to sign into iOS apps with scan of set up, code provided. Emergency kit printed, I assure you!

Please close the support ticket, and thanks.

• Thanks for the update Bob. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

ref: RBN-65849-294

This discussion has been closed.