Extension Not working - iOS 11 Beta 3 & 1Password 6.8

Morgan Croft
Morgan Croft
Community Member

Submitted this via TestFlight, but not sure if I should also submit here as well.

Device:
iPhone 7 Plus
iOS 11 Beta 3
1Password version 6.8

When using safari or Chrome and selecting the 1password extension, the drawer drops down after clicking, but 1password extension never loads. Happens on any website.

I have a second device (iPhone 5s) that is also on iOS 11 Beta 3 but is using the latest public release of 1Password (6.7.2) where the 1Password extension is working fine.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11 Beta 3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

I've just checked this and for me the above occurs with Chrome but not Safari.

• Doron Cohen
    Doron Cohen
    Community Member

I have the same issue and can't open the app on my Macpro - keep getting error message that I need to update but can't

• Hey there folks, thanks for the report. I've just tested this myself and everything seems to be working just fine. Could you do me a favor and send in a diagnostic report so I can take a look at the extension logs?

You can find instructions here: Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: url
    • Your forum username: username

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Morgan Croft
    Morgan Croft
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

After I posted this thread, there was a new TestFlight release late last night (6.8 680004) that resolved the issue for me. It did mention in the release notes that there were extension filling changes that were missing from the previous beta. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MrRooni,

Still happening with Chrome, possibly because I run a beta of that through TestFlight?

• @Morgan Croft,

Unlikely, they were specifically filling changes, not anything to do with the presentation logic for the Extension.

Rudy

• @HRD,

what happens if you turn the extension off and on again in the visibility settings for sharing extensions?

we'll probably need a DR based on @MrRooni's prior instructions to gain enough insight into why it might be failing.

Rudy

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @rudy,

No joy with your suggestion.

Diagnostic report sent

• Thanks @HRD. Did you get an auto-response back with a Support ID number?

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MrRooni,

Is this what you are looking for, #RUF-56241-951?

• rudy
    edited July 2017

@HRD,

Those are exactly the droids he's looking for.

:) :+1:

Rudy

ref: RUF-56241-951

• Hi there @HRD. I've taken a look at your logs and everything looks good on our end. Since you're on the Chrome beta you might want to report this issue to them as it appears to be something going sideways on their end. Good luck!

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MrRooni,

Thanks for this. I will let it cook for a while with Google, as I know how they will respond.

• All good @HRD. Let me know if there's anything further we can do.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MrRooni,

I reported to Google and they did respond saying they are looking into it. I advise progress.

• @HRD,

Thanks for the update.

Rudy

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MrRooni @rudy,

I suggest this issue is now solved with iOS 11 beta 5. Perhaps t-you would kindly confirm.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Google have confirmed that issue is fixed with the latest TestFlight Chrome beta.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HRD: Thanks for following up. Great! It sounds like the issue is resolved in Chrome, but are you still experiencing the issue in Safari?

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @brenty,

Thanks but I issue I had was with Chrome not Safari where the extension always worked.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hey HRD,

Thanks for that extra confirmation that you've had no trouble using 1Password with Safari on iOS. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.