"Invalid Login Information" ONLY on iOS app

jimbanister
jimbanister
Community Member

I'm setting up my wife on my recently acquired Family Account. Everything worked fine on the set-up on desktop. Good to go.

Not so much on the iOS app.

I've tried using the iphone app to scan the QR code from the web site (via browser on desktop) -- NO GO. Invalid Login Information.

I've also tried doing it manually by typing in the SIGN-IN ADDRESS, her EMAIL ADDRESS, the SECRET KEY and her MASTER PASSWORD-- also a NO GO.

I've tried reloading the iOS app. NO GO.

Help?

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.2
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Hi @jimbanister

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Could you please verify what is being entered for the sign-in address? It should be xyzfamily.1Password.com (where xyzfamily is your family membership's domain). It should not be my.1Password.com or an email address.

Please let me know. :)

Ben

• jimbanister
    jimbanister
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

Yes indeed-- I am entering the family name in that field, Ben.

I've used both the scan (QR code from website) and manual entry.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2017

Strange. Okay. :) Let's try changing her Master Password then. For testing purposes please only use characters that appear on this keyboard:

You can change her Master Password by logging into the 1Password.com website and then selecting My Profile from the menu in the upper right hand corner (which should show your family name), then select Manage > Change Master Password.

Please let us know how that turns out.

Ben

• krollins57
    krollins57
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I went in and changed the master password and it's still not working.

• @krollins57

Please make sure that for the sign-in address you're using yourfamily.1password.com (where yourfamily is the domain you picked for your 1Password Families account when signing up) and not my.1password.com.

Thanks.

Ben

• krollins57
    krollins57
    Community Member

I scanned my code so all the info updated to my personal login info. I also manually entered the info again to see if that would work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@krollins57: I think what Ben means is that if you saved your Emergency Kit before switching to a family plan (or making other account changes), the QR code will reflect the sign in credentials from that time. Have you saved a new Emergency Kit?

• krollins57
    krollins57
    Community Member

I don't believe so- I've used same info for all sign ins before.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2017

Please verify you're using the correct sign-in address. It should look like yourfamily.1password.com and not my.1password.com or an email address.

The 1Password website will allow you to sign in with the my.1password.com address, but the iOS app will not.

Ben

• krollins57
    krollins57
    Community Member

That is correct I am using the personalized sign-in for my account, my account key and updated password. It works on all other devices but not letting me log in to new iphone

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

Hi @krollins57,

I see also have a conversation going with Ben through email so let's keep it going there to have all the details in one spot. Thanks! :)

ref: NVD-38825-665

• krollins57
    krollins57
    Community Member

no problem- should I not be responding via email?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @krollins57,

Oh, please do continue responding via email. although our replies back may take a bit since it's not a chat room. :)

• krollins57
    krollins57
    Community Member

gotcha! I'll keep it to email- thanks SJK!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Excellent, @krollins57. Cheers! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.