My 1password extension is no longer working in google chrome on my macbook air

sisquick
sisquick
Community Member

I have a Macbook Air and am running OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6. I use my 1password extension in google chrome, and it was working fine until about 1 week ago. Recently, the 1password extension no longer appears to be active. It is a light gray color instead of black in my toolbar, and it will no longer fill in my passwords for me or store new passwords. I've already tried to troubleshoot using the article "If the 1Password extension isn't working in your browser" but it doesn't help. Please advise.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 4.6.9.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @sisquick,

Are you running 1Password 6.8?

Rudy

• sisquick
    sisquick
    Community Member

Yes version 6.8

• helpmethink
    helpmethink
    Community Member

I am having the same problem. Save browser and Mac have tried the recommended fixes.

• nymie02
    nymie02
    Community Member

I am having the same problem. I have reinstalled the browser extension. I can see my vault contents in my.1password.com, but can't access them. Can't use them. Extension Version: 4.6.9.90, app version: ? I purchased app within last 4 months. Sure glad I have not let 1password make up wacky passwords...

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

Hi @sisquick,

Thanks for writing in and sorry about the trouble with the 1Password extension. It sounds like the extension is having difficulty connecting to the 1Password application using our new communication mechanism called "Native Messaging" which we introduced in version 6.8 of 1Password for Mac.

Edit: The first thing I would recommend trying is to restart your browser. If that doesn't help, then please read on.

The best thing that would help us understand this issue would be to take a look at a Diagnostics Report.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/81012/my-1password-extension-is-no-longer-working-in-google-chrome-on-my-macbook-air#latest
    • Your forum username: sisquick

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Best regards,
    Matthew

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

Hey @helpmethink and @nymie02,

Thanks for writing in. I'd just like to clarify, when you look at the 1Password Chrome extension toolbar do you see that the icon looks greyed-out like sisquick mentioned in his original post?

If so, then when you left-click on it, you should see the following:

If that matches what you're seeing then the first thing I would recommend trying is to restart your browser.

If that doesn't help, then please follow my instructions for how to send a Diagnostics Report in my reply to sisquick and we can investigate this further.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• nymie02
    nymie02
    Community Member

Sorry to report that quitting and restarting Chrome does not help.

I do not know how to generate a diagnostic report.

Please advise,and I will following your instruction. :)

• rickfillion
    edited August 2017

@nymie02 : to send a diagnostics report, follow the instructions on this page: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/81012/my-1password-extension-is-no-longer-working-in-google-chrome-on-my-macbook-air#latest
    Your forum username:nymie02
    That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Rick

ref: MEG-79518-235

This discussion has been closed.