1Password extension issue with Firefox

Hello all,

Couldn't find anything listed about this issue. I've only noticed the issue with Firefox and when 1Password has been idle for a while and I need to put in my Master Password. After I put in my password, the extension unlocks, but then at the top of the 1Password mini window, it prompts me to install the extension. I found that if I dismiss it and then unlock 1Password again, it does the right thing and lists the credentials stored for the given website I'm on. I have not seen this same issue with Safari or Chrome. Just wondering if anybody else has seen this issue.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @rjthompson,

Thanks for writing in. There have been similar reports of UI glitches with the 1Password for Mac's mini window. This could be another one. There is a fix which is being tested in our beta version of 1Password for Mac which should cover a lot of these glitches. Perhaps it will also resolve this one. This beta version will hopefully be promoted to the general stable released version of 1Password for Mac in the near future.

So if you like you can wait for the next available release of 1Password for Mac or you can switch to using the beta version of 1Password for Mac to test out the fix right now. Our beta version of 1Password for Mac gets fixes and features quicker than the stable but is also a version that isn't quite as stable as the standard version of 1Password. We're always looking for new Beta testers as it helps us catch bugs quicker before we release a new version to everyone.

Thanks again for the report and let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• rjthompson
    rjthompson
    Community Member

Hey Matthew,

Thanks for responding to me. I installed the latest beta version of 1Password and the beta version of the Firefox extension and have yet to see this issue pop up again.

Thanks again!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

That's great to hear @rjthompson :smile: We don't know how this UI (User Interface) glitch managed to make its way into the beta and survive without detection for so long but thanks to reports from users we eventually identified the cause and as you've found 6.8.1 will correct it.

This discussion has been closed.