1Password Screen Artifact Bug Extension 4.6.9 [fixed in 1Password for Mac 6.8.1]

Options
pinskerj
pinskerj
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Mac

With version 4.6.9 mac extension plugin on Safari, Safari Tech Preview and Chrome, the 1Password extension keeps leaving many old pieces of data on screen. For example many times I click on the extension, it shows the favorites, even though that is not selected. Sometimes the whole menu (all entries) appear in a list when I click on the extension icon in safari to use it, but it's just a screen artifact, not selectable. Are others reporting this? The only solution is to restart my mac, as it seems somehow the extension is having memory problems/corruption.

I have about 900 entries in 1password, and I subscribed even though I am not using your website yet, just want to support this great program after having bought it standalone multiple times over the years. Not sure if adding the subscription login somehow also caused this, although I have no data on your servers yet.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: 10.2.6
Sync Type: Drop Box but also logged in to 1Password Account
Referrer: forum-search:display bug

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pinskerj,

Are others reporting this?

Does indeed sound like the same issue reported here:

1Password mini menu won't go away [known issue with 1Password for Mac 6.8, 6.8.1 will fix issue]

… and in other discussions.

When this happens, a workaround is to choose Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini from the menu bar in the main 1Password app.

Let us know If that doesn't help and we'll investigate further.

I have about 900 entries in 1password, and I subscribed even though I am not using your website yet, just want to support this great program after having bought it standalone multiple times over the years.

Thank you for all your past standalone and current membership support, and kind words. :chuffed:

Not sure if adding the subscription login somehow also caused this, although I have no data on your servers yet.

My hunch is that it doesn't matter although offhand I don't know for sure.

Enjoy the rest of you weekend and have a great week!

• pinskerj
    pinskerj
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, restarting 1Password mini does make the phantom entries go away. I hope version 6.8.1 for Mac fixes this. Please release that soon.

• rudy
    Options

@pinskerj,

Yup, very soon now.

Rudy

• pinskerj
    pinskerj
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm 6.8.1 fixed this issue, thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pinskerj - Glad to hear it! Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.