Will attachments be supported?

First, great work so far. Password filling is working seamlessly for me, and I'm loving the keyboard support.

I see a few others have already asked about the ability to add and edit items, but I can't see any discussion about attachment support. Is this planned for the Chrome extension or will we always need to open my.1password.com and grab them from there?

Thanks for the promising start :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @JimSangwine,

Thanks for joining the 1Password for Chrome beta and taking the time to ask this question!

I don't have a whole lot of information to share about Document Items yet (which are slightly different than what we referred to as Attachments before 1Password.com). From your description, I can't tell if you've noticed, but we do have a Document Items category which directly links (for download) to any Document Items you have on your 1Password.com account. It's too early for us to discuss where we will take it from here, but we will certainly look to improve this as we go along.

I wish I could be more helpful, but I don't want to make any promises we won't keep. If you have any additional questions, please let me know and have a great week! :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• JimSangwine
    JimSangwine
    Community Member

Thanks Andrew.

Perhaps I'm missing something... I had found the Documents section but there doesn't seem to be any way to download them?

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@JimSangwine: I sincerely apologize, I was slightly off with my explanation. We don't provide a direct download link, but you can do the following:
    1. Open and Unlock 1Password for Chrome
    2. Click Documents and then click a Document Item to display the item details
    3. Click the Edit button

This will open that item on 1Password.com in a new tab and automatically sign you in.

I hope that helps clear things up a little. Cheers!

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• JimSangwine
    JimSangwine
    Community Member

Ahhh OK! Thanks for the clarification :)

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Absolutely, I should've been clearer in my original description. :angry:

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.