Is there a way to save frequently used usernames on iOS?

tricia123
tricia123
Community Member

Imagine you are signing up for a new app. That app requires an email and password to create the account. You go to your 1Password iOS app and generate a new password. When you create the new saved login (in 1Password), you then also have to type the username you used when saving it.

Is there a way to save the usernames you use often so you can select it or 1Password will autofill as you start typing? If not, can we add this to the feature request list?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:save frequent usernames

Comments

• Hi @tricia123,

With identities you can fill your preferred email & username. Does that help?

Ben

• tricia123
    tricia123
    Community Member

No. That works when I am creating the account on the other app. However, when I am creating the whole new login within 1Password there's no way to pull from my identities. At least not that I can see on iOS.

Above the field it says "enter your username or email address" then the field label is "Username or email". I'd love if that was a dropdown of frequently used usernames/emails or it autofilled as I typed.

• I see. Thanks for the feedback.

It wouldn't help with apps, but for websites you can fill out the registration form (perhaps using an identity to assist) and then use the 1Password extension to save the form details (including username/email):

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

As for having usernames / emails autocomplete within the login creation wizard in 1Password itself -- I'll certainly pass the suggestion along to our development team for their consideration.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.