I'm on a Macbook Pro OX 10.10.5 and I can't upgrade from 6.7.1 to 6.8.

panarama
panarama
Community Member

Update & relaunch button changes to downloading, blue progress bar goes to end but then Update and Relaunch reappears so nothing updates. And my Firefox button is grayed out.

Comments

• Hi @panarama

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

You can download the latest version of 1Password here:

Downloads - 1Password

Before installing it please quit 1Password completely by opening 1Password and then pressing Ctrl+Option+Cmd+Q on your keyboard:

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• panarama
    panarama
    Community Member

So will I have to resync my license and all my password info?

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @panarama,

Reinstalling 1Password using the method Ben described will preserve your license and 1Password data. If necessary you can delete the 1Password app, just don't use any app cleaners such as CleanMyMac as they could inadvertently remove your 1Password data as well.

Let us know how it goes.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• panarama
    panarama
    Community Member

So if I press Ctrl+Option+Cmd+Q nothing happens!

• @panarama

You've got 1Password open while pressing it? And it is the foremost window (i.e. you see "1Password" in the menu bar next to the Apple logo)?

Please let us know.

Ben

• panarama
    panarama
    Community Member

yes

• That is quite strange. :) In that case please launch 1Password and then select 1Password in the menu bar (next to the Apple logo). You should see a Quit 1Password option in that menu. Press and hold Control+Option, and this should change to Quit 1Password and 1Password mini. When it does, click on that option, and then continue with the rest of the above instructions.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member

Wasn't the keyboard shortcut for quitting 1Password and 1Password mini changed in version 6.8? If he has 6.7 that would explain why the shortcut doesn't work. I don't remember what it was before though.

• @pervel

It did, in 6.7 it would be cmd + control + q. I don't think additionally holding down option should cause it to fail though, but maybe it does.

Rudy

• panarama
    panarama
    Community Member

So the result is that cmd + control + q (no option) was what I needed to do. All done, 6.8.1 installed & my Firefox plug in is back.
    Thanks everybody!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

I don't think additionally holding down option should cause it to fail though, but maybe it does.

Before 6.8, holding the Option key along with the Control and Command modifier keys will change the menu command to Quit and Close All Windows instead of Quit 1Password and 1Password mini; same without the Control key in the mix. Might differ on High Sierra; I never checked and may have started with 6.8 there. :)

• Thanks for the update, @panarama! Glad to hear this is working for you now. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.