Anyone have the Chrome beta working for AWS logins?

I have multiple AWS console accounts. In the full fat app filling and otp work great. In the Chrome extension however I can "go" to the website but nothing is autofilled. What's more there's no fill option.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Chrome 0.8.4
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mattford63
    mattford63
    Community Member

Ah, I found the fill option, it wasn't immediately obvious that I had to click on the Amazon.com listing above my Favourites to show all my Amazon accounts; then I could click fill to do the process manually.

How might I improve the auto-filling is left to sort.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @mattford63,

Welcome to the 1Password for Chrome beta!

If you activate 1Password for Chrome (by clicking the 1Password logo or using the keyboard shortcut), it should show you the logins for that page by default.

We did recently introduce a new method to save the state if 1Password was recently used. If you had used 1Password within the last 15 seconds then it's possible it restored the state you were in (which may have been on Favorites).

Filling should be fairly easy, here's how I do it if I'm already on the login page:
    1. Ctrl + . to activate 1Password for Chrome
    2. Use the arrow up and down keys to select the correct Login item (if I have multiple).
    3. Hit Enter which will fill the item

I hope that helps. Have a great weekend!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• mattford63
    mattford63
    Community Member

Hi, thanks. I mean when I explicitly pull down the URL for a login and use the "go" function. The AWS page is opened, the account ID filled but then I have to open the 1password extension a second time and hunt out the correct "fill" option.

Don't see this behaviour on the fat client.

Cheers,

Matt.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@mattford63: Thanks for your reply.

When you first load the AWS page is that from a Login item that is a favorite? I'll try to reproduce what you're seeing, but I have a decent idea of what might be causing this.

Thanks for your help!

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• mattford63
    mattford63
    Community Member

Not necessarily from a favourite. Here's a screen shot to show exactly where I'm clicking "Go"

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@mattford63: Thanks for the screenshot, that was extremely helpful. I was able to reproduce what's happening, and it is indeed connected to how we are saving the last state 1Password was in for 15 seconds. In theory, this shouldn't be a problem when you execute a Go & Fill because we would take you to the Login page and fill all the fields you needed. However, in this case, we aren't filling every field, and there are other cases (like 2FA) where you might need to reactivate 1Password and fill again.

All of this is to say, I'm not positive what our solution is going to be, but this was extremely helpful. I've already posted my findings for the rest of the team, and we will improve our user experience (UX) and functionality here.

I apologize for the confusion but thank you for shedding some light on an oversight in our UX.

Have a great week!

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• mattford63
    mattford63
    Community Member

Glad it helped :-) You also have a lovely week!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.