Shared vault stopped working

Gregist
Gregist
Community Member

My wife and I have 1Password and the license permits up to five users. (It's just the two of us, though.) We each use our own primary vault, and we have a shared vault into which we have copied passwords that the other might need. Until recently, this worked fine.
Lately, we have found that passwords we have copied into the shared vault are not visible or accessible to the other person.
We are each using 1Password 6.8.1 on Macs (OS 10.10.5 and 10.12.3, respectively).

Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5, 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• geiswood
    geiswood
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM4

Maybe your situation appears on the list? Looks like there is an update available, to 6.8.1, as of 2017-08-23.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Gregist: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! It sounds like the shared vault isn't configured to sync. You may want to consider a 1Password Families membership, since it not only makes it easy to securely share vaults with your loved ones, it also gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. Otherwise you can use Dropbox to share local vault between you. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.