Problems teaching new logins for 1Password 4.6.2.625 on Windows

Sensemann
Sensemann
Community Member
edited August 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

I had twice a problem to teach a new login to a website within Firefox 55.0.3. on Windows 10 1703 OS Build 15063.540 with 1Password Helper Add-On 4.6.10.90.
As an example on http://www.sync-wire.com/UserRegister/forRegister when you generate a new password with the helper and than fill out the form and then click register you are asked to save the login which is fine so far.
But when you then try to login with the saved credentials 1Password fills out the Username in the field of the email address.
See Screenshots for details.
Same problems for https://my.paysafecard.com/mypins-psc/registration/customerData.xhtml
This is getting me crazy.
When you look into the source code of the page you see that the form fields have meaningful ID's like id="Input_User_Name". So shouldn't be a problem for 1Password to detect it right...

lt would be nice to have some type of "New Login Wizzard" with helps massing around with this two step 1. Registration, 2. Login. To get all right at the first registration process and then validates this stuff at the login step!

I'm a long time user and like 1Password very much but creating new logins was and is always a hassle for me.

Greetings
Jens

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello there @Sensemann,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password!

I think the issue with this website is that it requires a username during the registration, but then has a email address in a log in form. Please try to save a Login for it manually and let me know if it works for you after that:

1) Enter your email address and password in a log in form, but do not click log in to the site.
    2) Click the 1Password button in your browser’s toolbar. If 1Password is locked, enter your Master Password.
    3) Click Settings > Save new Login.
    4) Give the new item a unique name. When you’re finished, click Save.
    5) Check if this new Login item works.

I will be looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.