Team Account basics for a newbie

Options
Adama_
Adama_
Community Member

Hello guys!

I started using 1PW this year and I absolutely love it!

I am starting a small online business working from home, and I have one team member, so it's just the two of us at the moment. She doesn't have 1PW and I would like to start off with us both using 1PW moving forwards. I was wondering how to go about this. Would it be better for me to migrate my current personal account plan over to a Standard Team Plan? Or should I have two accounts (Individual and Team)?

I don't know if there is actually an option to migrate over to a Team Plan or if it is general practice to keep these plans separate. It could get a bit confusing for me to log into two different 1PW accounts on a regular basis, but it if it best to have two different plans, please do advise!

Much appreciation to you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Adama_1pw! Those are great questions - I'll do my best to answer them for you! :chuffed:

The question of whether or not to keep two separate accounts (one for your personal life, and one for your work life) is really a matter of personal preference more than anything else. Some folks (myself included) prefer to keep the two things separated; others like the simplicity of just having a single account for everything.

The 1Password apps themselves actually allow you to sign into multiple accounts at the same time, so there's no need to sign in and out all the time if you do decide to go with two separate accounts. This is what I do myself - I have both my individual account and my Teams account for AgileBits added to my 1Password app. You can find our guide for adding additional accounts to the apps here: https://support.1password.com/add-device/#add-your-account-to-the-1password-app

It is also possible to upgrade an individual subscription account to a Teams account, if you just wanted to stay with one account overall - when you sign into the web interface for your account, click "Invite people..." in the sidebar on the right; that will give you a pop-up that will allow you to upgrade your individual account to a Families or Teams account.

I hope that helps! :+1:

• Adama_
    Adama_
    Community Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Thank you @john_m that was really helpful! I like the idea of keeping them separate, so I will go ahead an open a team account. Brilliant that I can have both accounts on one app! Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem @Adama_1pw - you're very welcome! Have a wonderful day too! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.