I'm wondering how to add images to files in 1Password?

Options
loghome
loghome
Community Member
edited January 2017 in iOS

Trying to add images of drivers licenses, debit cards ETC to 1Password files on iOS and can't figure it out.

Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @loghome,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

If you are using a 1Password.com subscription account you'll be able to add photos from your camera roll as Documents in 1Password for iOS. To add one, unlock 1Password and open the Categories view. Tap the + (plus) button and select Document for the type of item you'd like to add.

If you'd like to link a Document to an existing item, for example if you already have a Login item for your debit card and want to link a photo of it, you can do that as well. Open the existing item, tap edit in the upper right hand corner, scroll to the bottom, and tap Add New File under Related Items.

At the moment standalone instances of 1Password for iOS, without the 1Password.com service, cannot create Documents. If you've purchased the Pro features you can view attachments that have been added from one of our desktop applications:

Pro features in 1Password for iOS

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Bignay
    Bignay
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Ben
    I bought 1Password for iOS a number of years ago. My iPhone and iPad are on iOS 10.3.3.
    I want to add photos of driver's license, credit card and document in 1Password so I followed you instruction above but I cannot find Related Items to that has Add New File.
    Please help.

p.s. How will I know I receive a response to my query?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2017
    Options

@Bignay,

p.s. How will I know I receive a response to my query?

If you haven't changed the notification preferences in your forum profile you'll get an email when someone replies to you.

I bought 1Password for iOS a number of years ago. My iPhone and iPad are on iOS 10.3.3.
    I want to add photos of driver's license, credit card and document in 1Password so I followed you instruction above but I cannot find Related Items to that has Add New File.
    Please help.

It sounds like you are currently using 1Password standalone (sans-membership subscription). As such this paragraph from above applies:

At the moment standalone instances of 1Password for iOS, without the 1Password.com service, cannot create Documents. If you've purchased the Pro features you can view attachments that have been added from one of our desktop applications:

The way forward if you'd like to be able to use Documents would be to transition to our membership service:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Thanks.

Ben

• Bignay
    Bignay
    Community Member
    Options

I bought 1Password for $20 something. What is the difference between 1Password stand alone and the 1Password membership service?

• Ben
    Options

The former does not support Documents, and the latter does, among a number of other benefits:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

:)

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• adamjustice
    adamjustice
    Community Member
    Options

I recently started subscribing as a 1Password member but I am still not seeing document options in my app. How do I get this to appear??

• Ben
    Options

Hi @adamjustice,

Have you signed into your membership account on iOS and migrated your data out of the Primary vault and into account based vaults? Documents can only be added to account based vaults.

Please let us know.

Ben

• adamjustice
    adamjustice
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like that was the problem Ben, on my iPad it deleted the old vault but my phone had not yet done that and I had to do it manually. I can now see documents!

• That's great to hear. :)

Rick

This discussion has been closed.