How to create a multipage Login with 3 pieces of information required?

I am using 1Password 6.8.1 on a MacBook Air running OS X 10.11.6 with Safari 10.1.2. I just updated 1Password and the Safari extension, because the following problem existed. The update does not solve my issue.
I am having trouble setting up a Login for my bank, which recently renovated their online presence. This bank requires three pieces of login information, a CompanyID, a UserID and a Password. The CompanyID and UserID are entered on a first login page, and then the Password is entered on a second login page. This is the same format and two-page system that the bank used previously, but they issued all new CompanyIDs and a new login webpage. The older bank credentials and format worked fine on an earlier version of 1Password (from which I recently updated, and I also have the latest browser extension), but the instructions for setting up this format via manual setup of 1Password login apparently has changed somewhat from what is currently written in the user support area.
This is what I did. Open the bank login webpage no. 1 and enter my CompanyID and UserID, then open the 1Password extension, click the gear icon in the right upper corner and choose Save New Login. After entering a unique name for the Login, I clicked Save Login. Then I went back to the bank webpage, clicked on ‘continue’ button, and got the bank webpage no. 2, which asks for the Password. I added the password, then again clicked the 1Password extension button, chose the gear icon, and then Save New Login, from whence I chose the previous Login title from the dropdown menu, and then Update Existing. When I use this Login, it fills in the userID into the CompanyID field, and does not ever enter the CompanyID information, so then the Login fails. The login website is https://chemicalbankmi.ebanking-services.com/eamweb/account/login.aspx?appId=beb&brand=chemicalbankmi&ec=

Hopefully you can steer me in the correct direction.

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to create a multipage Login with 3 pieces of information required?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

Hi @FredBuchholz -- I'm sorry for the trouble with Chemical Bank. We've got a team of extension developers here who work their hearts out to make sure every site that can be filled, is fillable by 1Password. And they do a heck of a job -- but there is a tiny contingent of sites on the web that just do not play nice with password managers in general, and for these few, we may only be able to suggest that you copy and paste your data into their login pages (I know, like some kind of animal!).

What makes this worse is that when it comes to banks and the like, we often have limited-to-zero ability to really test much of it out, unless someone on the team here happens to have an account there. One team member here is in Michigan -- and he doesn't have an account at Chemical. Unfortunately, what this means is that you're going to have to do some trial and error. And it seems like you've already hit some roadblocks. The best advice I have for you would be to try making two login items, one for the first page, and one for the second. We've occasionally had to do this in the past with certain other websites because of some of the page manipulations certain websites do with multi-page logins. This may be your best (OK, only) real shot to automate this login successfully. Let us know how it goes, and sorry we couldn't be of more help!

This discussion has been closed.