Chrome extension just says 'Connecting'.

Options

I am using Chrome v60.0.3112.113-64

I can open up 1password on my laptop, and can see all my data, but when I try using the Chrome extension it just says "Connecting: 1", "Connecting: 2" "Connecting: 3" etc.

This is a new laptop, and I am trying to use 1password on it for the first time.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ... Walter

PS - please note that I don't think this is related to antivirus / firewall issues. 1password is running on my old Windows 7 laptop, with exactly the same versions of software listed above, and both are corporate PCs which are behind the same firewall, and use identical anti-virus products etc.

1Password Version: v1.0.9.342
Extension Version: v3.1.21.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@WalterW: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password for Windows version 1 is incredibly old and cannot work with modern browsers. You can get the latest version with a 1Password.com membership: it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Otherwise, you're welcome to continue using the version you paid for, but it was discontinued years ago and is not compatible with current browsers. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• WalterW
    WalterW
    Community Member
    Options

No problem. I'll look at upgrading it then. Thanks for the quick response.

Cheers ... Walter

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@WalterW: Sure thing! Since you're on Windows 10, you can definitely run the latest version, and this also supports Chrome and Firefox there (along with some alternative browsers). If you need any help making the transition, just shoot us an email at support@1password.com and we'll be happy to assist. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.