How do I automatically fill-in late-loading drop-downs?

I'd like to log-in to my ExtraSpace Storage account with one ⌘\ invocation; but the login page is a little unusual. It looks like this:

First off, how can I automatically select an entry from a drop-down, like that first one?

Secondly, the second drop-down only populates after the state has been selected — is there any way for me to make 1Password wait a delay-period or something, before attempting to populate the second field?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hey, @ELLIOTTCABLE, thanks for your post. Sorry for the trouble you're having. I just tested this and from my test it appears 1Password doesn't attempt to fill the select list at all. In looking at the way the Login is saved, I see that it's not saved as a select but as text. I would need to check into this to see why this is the case. It could be that the Login is getting saved incorrectly or it could be that the platform apps don't support saving Logins with select choices right now.

Beyond that, though, 1Password isn't really equipped to dance with pages that need to be filled in multiple steps like this. Even though it's still on the same page, it's more akin to a multiple page sign in process since not all of the information that 1Password needs to know in order to fill is present on the page when you invoke the filling.

In order to support this kind of thing, 1Password would have to fill the page and then try to reason about any changes that happen as a result of that filling and make a reasonable guess as to whether it should try to fill again with the changed fields. This could get messy pretty quickly and could lead to some really strange behavior for some of the more "creative" approaches to front end web programming that we have seen. But all of this would rely on 1Password to have a longer lasting idea of what filling means and 1Password's involvement in responding to changes in the page, and that is really easy to get wrong and create a really frustrating experience.

I hope that makes sense. Let us know if you have other questions or issues!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• ELLIOTTCABLE
    ELLIOTTCABLE
    Community Member

I'm a developer, so I'm right there with you w.r.t. trying to support the myriad and, uh, as you put it, ‘creative,’ ways that small-time devs go about creating interactive forms.

I was hoping for precisely the simplest-possible “multiple-page sign-in process” linked above — I was definitely not expecting some sort of complex, programmable, if-this-then-that setup! If this site will simply never work with 1password, that's cool; but if it can be ‘fixed’ to work with the current 1password UX, that'd be ideal.

Glad you added it to the queue for a double-check; keep up the good work; and have a nice day! <3

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for your understanding and feedback on this! I'm not sure we would have stumbled on that ourselves. It's always a learning experience. ;)

This discussion has been closed.