No more finger login option to 1password

tomabond
tomabond
Community Member

How do I restore the1paaswoed login using the finger. It's gone !

Comments

• Hi @tomabond,

Do you see a fingerprint icon on the 1Password lock screen? If so tapping on that should bring up Touch ID. If you do not you'll need to unlock 1Password using your Master Password in order to continue using Touch ID.

Thanks.

Ben

• tomabond
    tomabond
    Community Member

I can no longer login using master password either! Works fine to login to website.

• tomabond
    tomabond
    Community Member

Hi Ben, no fingerprint icon

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2017

@tomabond,

When you log in to the website do you see all of your 1Password data there?

Ben

• tomabond
    tomabond
    Community Member

Yes I do. Funny thing about iPhone is when I run out of login attempts it displays the correct password hint. What makes the valid password invalid on iPhone is the auestion

• Great. Can you please confirm that you have your Secret Key as well as your Master Password?

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code - 1Password Support

If you do not, please print an Emergency Kit from the website:

About your Emergency Kit

Once you've done so please uninstall & reinstall 1Password on the iPhone, and sign in to your account. That should resolve the problem for you.

I suspect what may have happened is that you had an old Primary vault on the iPhone. When such a vault exists the password for that vault is used instead of the 1Password.com account password to unlock the app.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• tomabond
    tomabond
    Community Member

Another thing is the website vaults have never synced with iPhone values. Is that normal? Means iPod has a lot more info stored for logins,etc

• tomabond
    tomabond
    Community Member

Should be iPhone, I would like a quick phone call if possible in how to proceed can't uninstall app do to sync issue between website and iPhone

• @tomabond

So all of your data is not available when you log in to the website? If so please do not follow the instructions above. Please confirm which is the case.

Ben

• tomabond
    tomabond
    Community Member

Yes, so I can't uninstall app unless the vaults remain on the iPhone

• tomabond
    tomabond
    Community Member

I Have backups on Dropbox. Bunch of js files

• @tomabond,

Unfortunately we cannot offer support via telephone.

The only way to access the data stored on your iPhone / Dropbox is going to be to enter the correct Master Password (which is likely different than the Master Password for your 1Password.com account).

If you forgot your Master Password or you can't unlock 1Password

If ultimately you cannot recall the Master Password the only solution will be the one I mentioned above, but that will result in the loss of any data you do not have stored in your 1Password.com account.

Ben

• tomabond
    tomabond
    Community Member

This is your issue master password works on website. It does not work on iPhone. I assuming there is only one master password allowed for all login portals

• tomabond
    tomabond
    Community Member

I need plan to use Dropbox js files on website then I could proceed from there

• This is your issue master password works on website. It does not work on iPhone. I assuming there is only one master password allowed for all login portals

That is not correct. It is likely that the Master Passwords are in fact different.

I need plan to use Dropbox js files on website then I could proceed from there

Any files on 1Password would've stored in Dropbox would also be encrypted with your Master Password, and thus won't be of any use if you cannot remember your password.

Please see the guide I linked above.

Thanks.

Ben

• tomabond
    tomabond
    Community Member

I did not change the password, need a viable solution from you

• tomabond
    tomabond
    Community Member

How do I change the password when reinstalling. Also I need to know why the finger login went away. This can't happen again. Thanks. Lastly how do I sync website and iPhone vaults

• I did not change the password, need a viable solution from you

The only way to access any 1Password data is to enter the correct Master Password. If your iPhone is not in sync with 1Password.com it is very likely that the Master Password for the iPhone is different than the one for 1Password.com. There is no other solution. The only way to access the data is by entering the correct password.

The only other way forward would be with the instructions I posted here, but as I mentioned that will cause you to lose any data that is stored exclusively on the iPhone.

How do I change the password when reinstalling.

If you reinstall 1Password on the iPhone and then sign in to your 1Password.com account the iPhone will unlock using the Master Password for your 1Password.com account.

Also I need to know why the finger login went away. This can't happen again.

1Password can only unlock using Touch ID if your Master Password is securely stored in the iOS keychain. There are a number of reasons this could be removed from the keychain. Touch ID is a convenient feature, but it is not a replacement for the Master Password. Just as when you reboot your iPhone you need to unlock the iPhone using your PIN to re-enable Touch ID it is occasionally necessary to enter your 1Password Master Password into 1Password to enable Touch ID.

Lastly how do I sync website and iPhone vaults

Once you've signed into the iPhone with your 1Password.com account that will happen automatically.

Ben

• tomabond
    tomabond
    Community Member

Can I change the iPhone master password after install or only during install? So to sync to website both master passwords must match? Anything else about syncing to website I need to know? Thanks.

• tomabond
    tomabond
    Community Member

I don't see a way to sync from the iPhone to the website. Is that correct?

• tomabond
    tomabond
    Community Member

Do I need to upgrade account for website sync. Dropbox works fine.

• @tomabond

Do I need to upgrade account for website sync. Dropbox works fine.

No, you already have an account, so you're all set there. The account does not use Dropbox sync. It is a 1st party solution.

I don't see a way to sync from the iPhone to the website. Is that correct?

Once you sign in to your 1Password account in the 1Password for iOS app sync with happen automatically with the 1Password.com website and with any other devices you sign in to your 1Password account on.

Can I change the iPhone master password after install or only during install? So to sync to website both master passwords must match? Anything else about syncing to website I need to know?

You can't change the Master Password for the iPhone at all currently unless you remember the current Master Password. If you go the route of uninstalling & reinstalling the iOS app and logging in to your account then 1Password on the iPhone will use the account Master Password to unlock. You can change your account Master Password from the 1Password.com website, though we only recommend changing it if you feel it is insecure or has become compromised.

Ben

• tomabond
    tomabond
    Community Member

Ok both passwords are the same but no sync. How long does it take to sync from iPhone to website. Does syncing to Dropbox interfere with sync to website?

• @tomabond,

Slow down, please. :) This is not a live chat. Let's take this one step at a time.

Ok both passwords are the same but no sync.

I don't understand what you're saying here. Were you able to remember the Master Password for the iPhone, and unlock 1Password there?

Ben

• tomabond
    tomabond
    Community Member

I redid the passwords so they match on the website and iphone. So how do I know the sync is or isn't working between the website and iPhone. That all I want to know how to sync and confirm it is actually syncing. Lastly I need to know why the finger login option went away. Thanks. I think you understand if that happens again and I can't sync why would I continue to use the product as the iPhone would have no data after reinstalll if sync doesn't happen. I need to be assured sync really works. Thanks.

• Okay. So you are able to unlock 1Password on the iPhone now, then? If so, you'll need to follow these instructions to get syncing with your 1Password.com account set up:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Lastly I need to know why the finger login option went away.

I answered this question here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/387404/#Comment_387404

1Password can only unlock using Touch ID if your Master Password is securely stored in the iOS keychain. There are a number of reasons this could be removed from the keychain. Touch ID is a convenient feature, but it is not a replacement for the Master Password. Just as when you reboot your iPhone you need to unlock the iPhone using your PIN to re-enable Touch ID it is occasionally necessary to enter your 1Password Master Password into 1Password to enable Touch ID.

Please let us know how the migration turns out. If you get stuck along the way please let us know which specific step you get stuck on, what you're doing, what you expect to happen, and what happens instead. Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.