Extension's form filling brain isn't as good as the standalone version (yet).

Hi,

Testing the linux beta in vivaldi on Linux Mint and so far it is amazing - thank you!

However, I have noticed that it doesn't fill logins as accurately as the standalone app + extension in some cases. For example, reddit's popup login page (which doubles as the new user registration). In this instance, the extension fills the username and password fields on the registration side rather than the returning user side of things.

Other than that, plain sailing so far. I feel this will be an excellent addition to a lot of user setups; for example, I could use this new extension at work to access my private accounts much easier than trying to use the standalone app + extension and in a more fluid fashion than having a tab for my 1Password account open.

Many thanks for all your hard work on 1Password,
Aventura

P.S. I'd love to see it officially come to firefox too! Been a long-time chrome user (itching to switch to vivaldi to reduce exposure to google a little) but the fox is coming out fighting in November!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

Hey @AventuraViper,

Welcome to the 1Password for Chrome beta!

You're absolutely correct, we are using a different brain. I can't get into all the technical details, but we have a lot of forwarding thinking ideas for filling that required us to relook at and recode our foundation. You'll see us improving filling over time and we've already added at least one big change which is the ability to fill time-based one-time password (TOTP) fields.

Thanks for your kind words of support!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• AventuraViper
    AventuraViper
    Community Member

Thanks for your response, that's good to know.

I assume that means this beta is a testing bed for a new form filling brain for the standard extension then too (in a way). It would seem silly to have to maintain two, plus if there are new features of this one it would make more sense to use it over the original.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

That would indeed make sense, but unfortunately, I'm not in a position to confirm that at this time. All I can say is I'm very excited about the future of 1Password, we have quite a few ideas coming to fruition.

Have a great week!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• melyanna
    melyanna
    Community Member

Hi!

I just joined the beta this morning, I am using Elementary OS, which is based on Ubuntu.
    Aplogies for somewhat necroing this thread, but I didn't want to open a new one and spam.

Is there a place where we can report websites in which login details aren't filled in correctly?
    I am having issues with Proton Mail at the moment, but I haven't tried everything yet, so I might have a longer list later as I experiment.

Thank you.

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

Hi @melyanna!

Good to have you here :) This forum category is a good place to report websites that seem to be misbehaving.

I have just tried using the extension with my Protonmail account and the credentials were filled correctly. When you go to this website and click on the 1Password extension, does the extension show you your Protonmail Login?

This discussion has been closed.