Re-ordering the Categories

Options
Dave510
Dave510
Community Member

Is there any way to re-order the Categories in the MacOS version of 1Password? I've tried digging through the menu, and clicking and dragging the Categories to no avail.

Many thanks for the help.

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Dave510,

Thanks for your question! The order of categories can be changed in local/standalone vaults (by simply dragging them), but cannot currently be changed in the All Vaults view or in vaults that are part of a 1Password.com account.

I hope that helps to explain why you aren't able to change the order of the categories, but if you have more questions about that, please let us know! :)

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @Drew_AG,

I recently switched to Families (from Dropbox syncing). As I've remarked in another thread, I'm really happy I switched.

However I too have noticed that I can no longer drag (re-arrange) the categories, and in particular this means I can no longer arrange the categories in the browser extension (which was my real goal when I dragged them in the macOS app).

Is restoring this function on the to do list? Thanks.

Dave Ings

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know! That may be something we can add for 1Password.com vaults as well. Cheers! :)

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

I too would greatly appreciate if you would allow us to rearrange the side-bar category list. Since it controls the Mini app list, it is especially important. For example, I don't use or need to access the Secure Notes category... but I do want to have the Bank Accounts category readily available at the top of the side bar list AND in the first categories listed in the Mini app.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AMCarter3: Unfortunately merely allowing categories to be moved around in the app won't affect 1Password mini in the browser (as we've seen with local vaults). It's just not something 1Password was designed for. It's definitely something we can consider as we develop future versions though. It would be cool to be able to customize things more — so long as we don't make it easy for people to "lose" items as a result by hiding things. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

That is disappointing. I hope this suggestion is taken seriously. I can understand your concern about people "losing" items, However, I think it's more important to focus on making 1Password somewhat customizable so people (like me) can use it to its fullest potential.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @AMCarter3. We take all of the suggestions we receive seriously, however it simply isn't possible or practical (or even advisable) to implement all of them, and there are only so many hours in the day to implement the ones that are chosen. As far as I'm aware this one is still on the 'maybe someday' pile.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.