Plug-in compatible with Firefox Nightly?

Options
jimperry
jimperry
Community Member

I'm using Firefox Nightly, and the existing Firefox plug-in is incompatible. Is there a beta or other version of the plug-in that will work?

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@jimperry,

We're working through the final phases of testing before we do a beta of the Firefox Native Messaging compatible Extension. Unfortunately the nightly flips a switch that doesn't allow us to go backwards once we release our beta so we have to schedule our releases in a coordinated manner and that relies upon 1Password 6.8 for Mac being released first.

Rudy

• brunoalano
    brunoalano
    Community Member
    Options

Any update on this?

• Ben
    Options

It is still in process. :) 1Password for Mac 6.8 is out now, which was a big step.

Ben

• rudy
    Options

@brunoalano and @jimperry,

The beta extension is now available via https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

Rudy

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member
    Options

Hello guys,

I just downloaded the extension, but for some reason it does not work with the Nightly build. The icon stays grey (I even did not get the pairing window, if that is still a thing), cannot get it loaded. Is there anything that needs to be enabled in order to have it working, or it just does not work with the current build?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ondrejfuhrer

I'm using Firefox Nightly as my daily driver (wait; is that a pun?), and have been using 1Password with it. You may need to restart Nightly after installing the extension.

Also are you using the beta versions of 1Password and the 1Password Firefox extension, or the stable releases? If you're using the stable builds you may want to update to the betas.

Ben

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Ben ,

Thank you for your reply. I'm using the Beta, currently at version 4.6.11.2, just tried to restart the browser, but didn't help. When the app starts, the 1Password button seems active, but nothing happens when clicking on it and after few seconds turn to grey and cannot be clicked without any message. It is a fresh installation of FF Nightly and the the extension, didn't do anything yet with it.

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Ben,

Just wanted to let you know, that suddenly it started working, even if I didn't do anything special, just several restarts were included.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ondrejfuhrer - thanks for the update; we're glad to hear things are sorted out. FYI, we think this was likely a native messaging failure of some kind; I was actually just getting ready to send you a reply to have you do some troubleshooting on that score. Since things seem to have stabilized, I'd say: keep an eye on it, and if the problem recurs, let us know. Cheers!

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Lars , I will! :+1:

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help! :) :+1:

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.