Master password shortcut [press the return or enter key after entering the Master Password]

Options
matas1
matas1
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Mac

I prefer to use the keyboard with minimal use of the mouse.
Efter having entered the master password I would like to be able to confirm with a keystroke instead of using the mouse to click on the unlock icon.
Is there a way för this?

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:"Master password keyboard shortcut"

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @matas1, and welcome to the forum!

Try pressing the return (or enter) key after entering your Master Password and 1Password should unlock without having to click the unlock icon. Let us know if you have any trouble getting that to work. Cheers. :)

• matas1
    matas1
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry,

Pressing "return" or "enter" does not work. Neither with external keyboard or with keyboard of MacBook Pro (mid 2010).

• Ben
    Options

That is really quite strange, @matas1. Do you have any programs installed that modify keyboard functions, like Karabiner installed? Also it may help to better understand the history behind this issue... when did it begin? Has this ever worked for you?

Thanks.

Ben

• matas1
    matas1
    Community Member
    Options

Dear Ben,

I made another try and found out that my mistake was pressing "tab" after entering password. This maneuver highlights the lock symbol. This is the way I work when I start the Mac and enter system password. Pressing "enter" in this situation opens my Mac. It does not open 1password.
    However, pressing "enter" directly after having entered password works with the 1password.
    So, the ground rule works; do not overdo!

• Ben
    Options

Haha, interesting! Glad to hear you were able to figure out the cause here. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.