To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Trouble syncing 1Password to older phone...

Options
Starflyer
Starflyer
Community Member

A few days ago I switched from my IP7 to my backup IP5S because I'm selling the IP7. Today I discovered that a lot of my 1passwords are NOT on the IP5S. I think I'm using the cloud for syncing, but maybe it's dropbox.

I was wondering if I delete 1Password off the 5S and then reinstall the program there, if the IP5S would then sync with all my other devices (a MacBook Air primary)? When I get my new IP8, I'm guessing when I restore my IP7 date to it, 1Password will be fine. I'm using the single user paid version, both to iOS, macOS-x and Windows 10.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Starflyer: Since I believe you can run iOS 10 (and therefore 1Password 6) on any of those devices, it shouldn't be a problem. However, you will need to know the sync method you're using on your other devices and set it up to sync with the same data on that one as well:

https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

Without any details I can't be more specific than that, but if you'll let me know what you're working with I'll be happy to help. :)

• Starflyer
    Starflyer
    Community Member
    Options

This shot is what shows in your link above in regards to choosing to sync with DropBox...

However, this is what I see when open preferences in my 1Password...

I have the paid version that allows both OS-X and Windows.

So how do I choose to sync with DropBox?

• Starflyer
    Starflyer
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind. I was able to correct the problem by DELETING 1Password from my iPhone5 S. Then, reinstalling 1PW, and starting the program fresh, it allowed me to sync with DropBox. So, apparently there was something messed up with the copy of 1Password on my IP5S that I haven't used since last March. It's fine now and shows all my log-ins.

Re the displays above, I still don't know how to access the "sync" operation with my setup displayed as the lower graphic above.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update, @Starflyer -- it looks as if you may have multiple vaults, possibly with either redundant information or maybe with some of your data in both places. The important thing is to not accidentally delete any of your valuable data. In order to get a clearer picture of what data is on which devices, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices (both iPhone 7 and 5S, please):

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/81594/trouble-syncing-1password-to-older-phone#latest
    • Your forum username: Starflyer

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number in the Subject line.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.