To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Free "1Password 3 for Mac (Family License)" upgrade to the latest version (6.8.1)?

Options
mamiinoue
mamiinoue
Community Member

Hello. I'm a long time 1Password user. I have a family license for "1Password 3 for Mac (Family License)" purchased through your website. I have 1Password installed onto my MBP and my mom's MBP (2 users, 2PCs). Would I be eligible for a free upgrade to the latest version (6.8.1)?

My email address has been changed so if you need my old email address that I used to purchase the family license for verification, please let me know.

1Password Version: 1Password 3 for Mac (Ver. 3.8.21)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Sierra 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox and iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mamiinoue,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

1Password 4 for Mac was released as a paid upgrade, so unfortunately you would not qualify for a free upgrade to v6. Additionally we no longer sell 1Password Family licenses. If you'd like to get up to speed with the latest version of 1Password, and share it with your family, our 1Password Families membership would be the way to do that:

Families - 1Password

If you'd like to discuss any specifics to your particular case please feel free to reach out to our sales team at sales@1password.com. They'll be able to better assist you.

Thanks!

Ben

• mamiinoue
    mamiinoue
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben! I think I will look into 1Password Families.

Just so I understand correctly, there's no way for us to use 1Password "Single" plan ($2.99/month) but need to sign up for "Families" plan ($4.99) if we want to use the app on multiple MBPs (2 users)? - we do not need to have access to each other's vault.

Also, am I correct to assume that the "Single" plan with multiple users works only if we are using 1Password on a single device (PC) and sharing the vault?

• @mamiinoue

An individual subscription only allows for one set of data. You'd use the same Master Password and have access to the same 1Password items. With a 1Password Families membership you'll each be able to have your own credentials.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• mamiinoue
    mamiinoue
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Successfully signed up for 1Password Families!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! Be sure to let us know if you have any questions at all. We're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.